First Review by CiaraSlevin

Beautiful Vegan Gelato - Edit

It was initially the board outside Indigo advertising 3 flavours of vegan gelato which caught my attention, this is a rare thing in Northern Ireland!

I couldn't resist and was not disappointed. These vegan ice creams are made from coconut milk and are completely dairy free plus they taste fantastic and exactly like a quality homemade ice cream instead of sorbet. I tried all 3 flavours of raspberry, mango and strawberry and enjoyed every morsel. Really luscious ice cream which was absolutely scrumptious and flavoursome. It's also great value for money as three large scoops cost £3 which is much cheaper than similar would cost in one of the many Froyo bars which have popped up in Belfast over the last couple of years.

The Gent who served me was extremely helpful and knowledgeable explaining exactly what the vegan gelato was made from and telling me what Indigo offer. The menu is small but delightful offering ice cream, coffee, pastries and soup during cold weather.

This little café which is larger inside than it looks outside has lovely bright décor and a relaxed ambience. It's ideal for a sunny day as the small outside seated area is a sun trap. Indigo is the true definition of hidden gem. I plan to return soon for coffee and more ice cream. There's free WiFi too which is always a bonus and beautiful artwork on the walls.

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Indigo Coffee & Gelato closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.