Indian Tandoori

Contact 050345826

Oude Gentweg 11, Bruges, Belgium, 8000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small Indian food restaurant with dishes from different regions of India. Has vegetarian starters and vegetarian main dishes. Dairy is used so vegans should ask. Mon 12:00pm-2:30pm, Wed-Sun 12:00pm-2:30pm, Mon 6:00pm-11:00pm, Wed-Sun 6:00pm-11:00pm

Category: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by Tara HD

Just as it says in the description - Edit

We're vegans and were well served, excellent service, several choices, only it's expensive indeed, but normal for Brugge.

Pros: vegan friendly, not overcrowded, good service

Cons: expensive

Great Indian food at a vegan friendly place - Edit

Bruges is not exactly vegan friendly and when I was there De Bron and Lotus were both closed for the weekend. So I resorted to a place I had copied down into my guidebook from a review I had read on a blog. It turned out to be an excellent alternative. There are a lot of vegetarian items on the menu and the waiter was very helpful and accommodating about vegan options. While he did not seem to understand the word "vegan" he was obviously familiar with the general concept. He told us that their curries are generally not made with cream but make sure you also let them know you want your food without butter (and yogurt).
I took the Chana Massala with Roti and plain rice and tried the Baingann Bharta. Everything was very delicious and the portions are really big and filling. Keep in mind though that this place is rather expensive (expect to pay around EUR 20,- per person for a main dish with bread and rice plus 1 soft drink or beer) but we found that everything in Bruges is, so at least you can fill your tummies with excellent vegan food there (instead of paying EUR 8,50 for a falafel sandwich elsewhere - no kidding!)

Pros: many vegetarian items on menu, vegan options, excellent food

Cons: expensive (but moderate for Bruges)

Return to Bruges Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Indian Tandoori closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1659 times since Nov 2012.