Indian Oven

806-335-3600

5713 SW 34th Ave, Amarillo, Texas, USA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Indian dishes, has section on the menu for vegetarian and vegan dishes. More vegetarian dishes can be made vegan upon request.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by DutchGirl

Excellent! - Edit

This place is phenomenal! The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. Our servers were knowledgeable and incredibly nice/friendly/welcoming. Highly recommend!

Pros: Food, Service

Tasty vegan dishes + helpful owner in Big Beef Country! - Edit

We were new to the vegan life-choice in July, 2016, when we took a round-trip road-trip from Texas to South Dakota. Our last day on the road, we arrived in Amarillo around lunchtime, thinking, "Taco Bell bean burritos, it is!" However, HappyCow presented a compelling review about Indian Oven, and so we gave it a try.
Wow.
Since, like I said, we were new to veganism, we were a little out-of-our-depth with the menu. Our host was helpful and patient, offering suggestions and substitutions. We ended up with an order of veggie pankora that we have been trying desperately to re-experience back in DFW: they were the perfect spicy/perfect crispy combo. I would return for the pankora alone. The veggie samosas were tasty and filling. For our main dish, we had Channa Masala--another perfectly spiced hit. Our host subbed roti bread for naan at his suggestion (since we weren't aware yet that naan frequently contained dairy products). 2 appetizers, 1 entree, bread--and we had left-overs for the road. As we paid our tab, the host said that we were his third vegan family to come through that day--it felt nice to feel like he cared enough about his customers to take note of their preferences.
In summation: the host of Indian Oven is your friend. Ask for suggestions, and he will help you build yourself a wonderfully tasty and inexpensive vegan meal. Seriously: the pankora is the stuff dreams are made of.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-24

Pros: Pankora, Helpful, aware host, Value!

Cons: Sadly, vegans don't really benefit from the buffet

Delicious veggie food and a lot of choises - Edit

Arrived here in Amarillo with a tour group who wanted to visit the Big Texan. As a vegetarian not so good idea, so luckily we food this place. Since we arrived in this city late in the evening we called if they were still open, but that was no problem at all. Walking to the door we were greeted by the best Indian flavoured smells imaginable and once inside by a very nice lady.
The menu looked so good I had trouble choosing what to eat. But if you have the same problem I could recommend the veggie korna. Delicious! I think that vegan is an option as well, if you ask for it. The atmosphere in the restaurant could be better, but the food is so great, I would totally come back here another night if I have the chance.

Return to Amarillo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Indian Oven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.