• Indian King

Ovo
Indian
Take-out
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian restaurant with multiple clearly marked vegan options. Staff is knowledgeable about veganism. Please note that many businesses in Sweden are cashless. Open Mon-Fri 11:00-22:00, Sat 16:00-22:00. Closed Sun.

Venue map for Indian King
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by virre

Doyle2018

Points +18

30 May 2023

Delicious

The ve
gan curry was amazing, full of flavour, staff were very friendly.

runsten

Points +249

18 Feb 2021

Vegan lunch every day

This small Indian restaurant has vegan options for lunch every day. I enjoyed the chana masala very much. It is authentic Indian food with chefs from India or Bangladesh so they know their cuisine very well. The naan bread was delicious and prices modest for being a restaurant in Stockholm city center.

Updated from previous review on 2021-02-18

Pros: Tasty vegan options, Price worthy lunch, Friendly staff and Cosy local place in city centr

Cons: Not 100 % vegan

virre

Points +417

17 Jan 2019

Not the best

After I started working in this area I have looked for a good lunch place and this place was sugested to me.

During lunch there is a limited menu, with one veg option that should be possible to get vegan. I have had this lunch two times, both times it was Spinach Vadji that was as awaited, the portion sizes are not the largest but I did leave satisfied. The Price is about average for the area for lunch.

I also had dinner here once, where I started with a Samosa, there was no vegan sauce to it but the filling was on the better side of Samosas I have had in Stockholm. For a main I had Mango Dal as it was a bit different from what is usally is on the menu at Indian places in town. I rather enjoyed it. I did not have any bread but it was not needed. The Mango Dal was a really good option. I was fully satisified by it. Observe that the only vegan bread is the Chapati.

Also at order time make sure to be clear about vegan as always at Indian places.

The interior is a bit unoptimal, as there is tables and benches, so every table setup is for about six persons and at lunch time you might have to tighten in with strangers.

Pros: Mango Dal

Cons: Expensive, No vegan sauce to Samosa