India Pavilion

( 1 review )

7 Argyle St, Rothesay, Scotland, PA20 0AT

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu has no clearly labelled vegan choices, but just ask and they will adapt dishes and make sure there are no animal products. Items that can be made vegan include vegetable pakora, tarka daal, aloo gobi, paratha and rice. Open Mon-Sun 2:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by TrixieFirecracker

Fab service - Edit

I visited here back in July, amongst all the "traditional" chippies, and cheese and ham sandwiches and steak pie cafes, we found an Indian reataurant. The smalltown saviour for the vegetarian and vegan! Hubbie almost always opts for a daal and I'm partial to aloo gobi (my friend, the potato) so we went for those with a side of chips. We were happy enough to go for boiled rice and save faff with potentially asking for another style of rice to be fried without egg/other animal product. With the breads I felt asking for paratha would be easier than a naan (which is usually always the hardest bread to get vegan in restaurants) and was delighted to get a delicious soft and doughy paratha with our meal. We asked for no egg, cream, or butter to be used with our dishes - and would change our order if that wasn't possible. The chef came out and confirmed everything we ordered could be made with no animal products.

The food was great and the service was really good. No issues with our dietary requirements and they checked everything was ok with our food. It was quite amusing as there was a young girl, maybe about 10 or 11, who was taking great enthusiasm at helping take orders and serve food. It was a bit odd as there were a lot of staff, kids, and family members around and we were the only two customers - though they did seem busy with delivery orders. But whatever, it made no difference to the taste of our food and pleasant service.

They don't have a licence for alcohol but are fine with you bringing in your own (we opted just for a Pepsi and a ginger beer). There wasn't any music, which would have added a bit to the atmosphere.

Pros: Great service, Fresh food, Reasonable prices

Cons: Not much atmosphere

Return to Rothesay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has India Pavilion closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.