India House

( 1 review )

Vaihinger Markt 28, Stuttgart, Germany, 70563

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food restaurant situated in a basement location that's a bit difficult to find, so look for it. Menu has vegetarian dishes, and staff is willing to assist with veg diets. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Sun 5:30pm-11:00pm, Sun 11:30am-2:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by planthealth

Good Vegan Option - Edit

While some Indian restaurants are comfortable with vegetarian cooking, this restaurant was comfortable cooking for vegans. Their menu has a vegetable section that listed vegetarian options and as long as you know the Indian word for cheese it was easy to figure out which items were probably vegan, and then from there I confirmed with the server that my selection was vegan.

Good flavor and vegetable combinations. Staff friendly and helpful. The portions and the prices were probably in line for the area, I thought portions on the small side and prices on the high side. It was annoying that they do not serve tap water so I like spicy food and that was an expensive addition of bottles of water for the table. I was sharing the bill but I think they also charge to refill rice. They brought one small bowl of rice for 3 adults, I thought that was odd/expensive. A cozy restaurant with a comfortable decor, perfect for quiet meals. Ample seating. Buffet on Sunday for lunch is 14 euro. My vegetable dish was like 10 euro plus water and plus more rice, like 15 euro when we split the rice and water. The bread is NOT vegan.

Pros: Easy to find, Easy to get vegan options, Made as spicy as I requested

Cons: small dinner portions, Bread not vegan, does not serve tap water; bottled water expensive

Return to Stuttgart Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has India House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.