India House

815-637-4771

6430 E Riverside Blvd, Rockford, Illinois, USA, 6111

Serves meat, vegan options available. As with most non-veg Indian food restaurants, this place serves many different meats. But it has also a vegetarian section with around 12 dishes, plus there are veg options in appetizers and soups. Will cook without ghee (clarified butter) by request where possible. The lunch buffet is mostly vegetarian and vegan except for 2 options that include meat (chicken). Quiet.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by shanasy

Awesome place and delicious food - Edit

Besides the fact that the decor is very cool, their food is awesome. Authentic Indian food made with high quality ingredients. the service is good, efficient and everyone in there is very friendly. I like the fact that they are open late and they have carry out so I can grab a nice healthy dinner on my way home even if its late. Tons of vegan options on the menu. Have not found better in Rockford.

Pros: Healthy menu, Fresh ingredients and homemade, Friendly staff!

Good food - unfriendly service - Edit

Ive been to the buffet several times, the last time was 10-30-12. Delicious food, but the servers have never been friendly. They never smile or act friendly towards you and they give very little service. Lots of vegetarian options though. I think I will not go back.

Pros: Good veg buffet

Cons: Bad service, Lack of service

Kansas 05 Dec 2013 - I hate that!
I have been wanting to try cuz they say can do some vegan but if the service is as bad as the service we had at cafe 20 in marengo last week forget, it
my feeling: if you take no care with your customers; you probably take NO CARE with your food. P.s. I'm vegan

Return to Rockford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has India House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.