India Fresh

Contact 626-974-6666

553 N Azusa Ave (at W San Bernardino Rd), Covina, California, USA, 91722

This vegetarian restaurant offers some vegan options, but please ask to be certain. They also carry Indian groceries, spices, sweets and more.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, North Indian

First Review by Ashley F.

They serve meat there now - Edit

I went about 6-7 months back to India Fresh and saw they were serving meat and walked out. Disappointed as I wanted a veg-only Indian restaurant with vegan options being a vegan.

Cons: meat

Winner for Veggie Army's Best So Far List - Edit

Winner for Veggie Army's Best So Far List for Best Garlic Naan. They say that their secret (which isn't one anymore) is that they use a real tandoori oven in the back.

If you can't find it. .. You're probably too South in West Covina... Keep going north and you'll find it. Although it doesn't look like it from the store front, there is a small cafe inside. Unlike other Indian store/cafes I've been to, this establishment is clean, spacious, and well lit.
Now, the veg dishes are in a warming tray, but they make the naan and the samosas fresh to order which I highly recommend you order both. After I said that we were new to the store and to Indian food, our wonderfully hospitable server/ host/ cashier was nice enough to let us try each of the veg dishes before we decided. There are enchanting paintings on different types of fabric on the walls and lively Indian music which made our experience an all together pleasant one.

Veg out,

Veggie Army

Superb Place - Edit

Dont let the outisde looks deceive you, once you go in
Its like a mini Panda Express, groceries and spices along with food
Food ready to go or one can sit and eat.
Items change daily on the food trays
Can order other items on the menu
Plenty of items to choose.
Most of the items in menu and food tray are all vegan, some are vegetarian.
They only serve vegetarian food.
Their Tandoor special is the best bang for the buck

Highly recommend to anyone who loves vegetarian/vegan Indian food at reasonable prices.
Stop by at their spices section, if you plan on doing some Indian food cooking, they have huge choices in spices, groceries too.
Can't go wrong any bit with this Superb place.

Pros: Tasty Food, Vegetarian/Vegan, Less Greasy

Cons: Not too close to me

great lunch spot - Edit

I decided to try it after reading the first review and I'm happy I did! The staff was very friendly and gave me samples before I had to choose, which actually made things harder because everything was really tasty. Also, almost everything was vegan! This is definitely a place to try, especially since there are no other places serving Indian food in the area. I was very very happy with my experience and will be returning.

Pros: vegan, good value, friendly service

Cons: limited selection

Return to Covina Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has India Fresh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1262 times since Jul 2011.