India Food & Spices

( 1 review )

2221 Huntington Dr, Duarte, California, USA, 91010

Indian grocery store and eatery. Serves South Indian vegetarian food with dosa, idli, vada, etc. plus some North Indian food as well. Dishes change daily - ask staff which ones are vegan.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

1 Review

First Review by mpunja

I'll be back.... - Edit

The food here (what I've tried thus far) equals the Indian food in Artesia (Little India). The difference is you won't get a blank stare from the server when you say the word 'vegan' like when you eat on Pioneer Boulevard (though respect to Udipi Palace that does understand the concept, anywhere else you have to sit there an explain it to them). Today I tried a chaat (kind of street snack) called bhel puri which was veganized (forgot what they omitted, maybe the yogurt). I think all of the chaats can be veganized, just ask. As for a main dish, I tried channa bhatura which is basically a chickpea curry and fried bread - terrific as well. Got to watch latest bollywood song n dances on their TV , a plus! I don't think there is a veg-only Indian restaurant in the SGV, so big up to India Food & Spices for making it happen. Also I like it's a walk-up and order vs. a traditional sit down. Food is really cheap as well, both dishes plus a 'Thums-up' (waay better than Coke or Pepsi) was $10.

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-10

Pros: Understand veganism, Great food, Cheap prices and open long hours

Cons: A dining area bit on the small side, All dishware for dine-in has to be thrown away

Return to Duarte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has India Food & Spices closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.