CLOSED: India Cuisine

865-951-2423

1645 Downtown W Blvd, Ste 27 (at Kingston Pike), Knoxville, Tennessee, USA, 37919

Vegetarian restaurant with vegan options. Owners also own an Indian grocery market next door that sells a variety of herbs, legumes, grains and other vegan products. Buffet on Sundays. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet

First Review by VeganJon

India Cuisine. Clean, affordable, good service. - Edit

I ate at India Cuisine for the first time on 12/15/12 and was very pleased. Got there later in the evening and found that they still had a buffet out which still appeared fresh. There were 6 vegan, 1 vegetarian and 2 meat hot options as well as rice, dosa, a chutney bar and a vegetarian dessert offering (I was a little disappointed to see the lamb and chicken dishes as I thought this was a vegetarian restaurant).

The vegan foods were great although 4 of the 6 dishes were really spicy, more so than the other area Indian restaurants. I like hot food so it didn't bother me but I would recommend discussing that with your waiter when you order if you are not partial to spicy food.

I did not order off the menu but I looked at it and noticed that the offering is a little more varied than the other area Indian restaurants. I am looking forward to eating here again.

Recommendation: get the fried spinach. Yum!

Pros: Good food, Good service, Lots of vegan offerings

Cons: Could be a little spicy for some, Disappointed that they serve meat

Return to Knoxville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: India Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.