Inchin's Bamboo Garden

480-306-7309

10050 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 121, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 85253

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pan Asian restaurant chain offering extensive Asian fusion and Indo-Chinese food. Ask for the vegan menu list. Dark and cavernous interior.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Indo-Chinese, Non-veg

First Review by Smooches4Pooches

Somechin's Missing - Edit

After having lunch at Inchin Bamboo Garden I would say an average rating is rather accurate. I would not go out of my way to eat there again.

I wish a raving review was deserving, because their menu looks wonderfully appetizing with the numerous vegetarian options. Five stars for the planning and thought that went into designing the menu. I wanted to order one of everything veggie. The descriptions were THAT good. Unfortunately the dishes were not as flavorful as their descriptions and a few of them were far too oily.

Usually my all time favorite appetizer is spring rolls. There's something about them that makes me want to snack on and on.

IBG's appetizer consisted of:
3 piece crispy spring rolls filled with mixed vegetables (no tofu) for $8. Side sauce wasn't served at first and when I requested some, a lightly sweet starchy gelatin looking sauce was brought out. Yuck! I ate the rolls plain.

There were several dirty bottled sauces on the table but I didn't dare try any of them for fear of lurking bacteria. Shouldn't restaurant workers know they're suppose to wipe down the table condiments??!

The best item:
6 piece vegetable tulips appetizer for $9.
Flaky crunchy shells filled with tangy and spicy mixed vegetables. What a knockout! They were like deconstructed spring rolls that moved on up to the east side into a deluxe apartment in the sky-high-yyy.

Also very delicious was the garnish that topped the
6 piece steamed dumplings for $10.

The hakka noodles were good, but not flavorful and I probably should have requested spicy. Hakka is a thin eggless noodle that tastes like lo mein. It came with shredded vegetables for $12.

Two items that could've been better:
1. Chili bean eggplant with onion and hot bean sauce for $12. Good, but not fantastic. Too bad they didn't drain off some of the oil.
2. Cauliflower manchurian with cilantro, onion, chili, and celery for $12. The seasonings fell flat in this dish and it relied on soy sauce for flavor. This was more oily than the eggplant and gave me a headache.

Two Disappointments:
1. Singing tangy vegetables mixed with tofu for $13. I don't know if they ran out of veggies or what because on the plate with the skewers were rice and fries. FRIES?! On the same platter as rice. Who does that? Also it sat in a pool of brown sauce.
2. Crispy chili potatoes for $9 were supposed to be tangy, spicy, potato strips with scallions. Crispy? Not.
Tangy? Not.
Spicy? Not.

Pros: Varied menu, Lots of seating

Cons: Server could not remember the order, Dirty condiment bottles

Exciting Flavors! - Edit

I have been to Inchin's a few times now; dine-in twice, carry-out twice.

I enjoyed their noodle dishes, but they, alone, never seem to satisfy. I always end up adding something to the dish. For example, I added the curry to the Hakka noodles and the result was delicious.

I was disappointed in the Gobi Manchurian. Every Gobi Manchurian dish that I have ever had has been a red color and full of spice. Theirs is a brown gravy, soupy dish. I did not enjoy it.

The Garlic Green Beans and Crispy Chili Potatoes are both excellent! The green beans are cooked perfectly, not too raw, not overcooked. However, it is a small portion of beans for the charge of a whopping $12! This is a $6-$8 dish, tops! Shame on them.

I agree that service can be iffy. There is one employee in particular who appears to be really trying; she puts for an effort and it shows. Another employee, not so much.

Pros: excellent spices and flavor, a dedicated vegan menu

Cons: over-priced, spotty service

Interesting, flavorful food but spotty service - Edit

Each food encounter we've had at Inchin Bamboo Garden has been good. The food is varied, flavorful and fresh. Offerings are Indian, Chinese and Mongolian. Half of the menu is vegetarian/vegan and any dish can be made vegetarian or less spicy.

We dined there with friends from India who explained that the food is Indo-Chinese and different from American Chinese or Indian food which they find to be "ordinary." They love killer siciy-hot food so IBG was perfect for them. I thought some of the dishes were spicy but good. My husband, who is from The Meat-And-Potatoes-Midwest couldn't eat it. Tip: Look for the red dots on the menu. (0-3 red dots)

I prefer wok vegetables that are crisp. On one visit, the vegetables were cooked beyond this, but I'll give them a pass because it was a very busy Saturday night.

The service, on the other hand, is sometimes spotty. You know it's a risk when there is a banner in the window of a restaurant that says, "Now hiring." We've visited when there was a knowledgeable server and good bartender. then one Friday night, we took friends to IBG when there was a server who didn''t know anything about the menu and a bartender who knew even less. Even drinks on their cocktail menu were unavailable or the bartender didn't know how to make them. (Our advice is to stick with bottled beer.)

On weekends the restaurant gets packed with families from India and surrounding regions--which is always a good sign that the food is authentic.The large, somewhat dark (black walls) dining room becomes lively and busy. It's quiet at lunch and mid-week during dinner. Get there early on weekends.Although this appears to be a chain restaurant, it doesn't give this impression.

Pros: Interesting ethnic cuisine, Good spice blends and sauces, Many vegetarian/vegan options

Cons: Spotty service, Be aware of ultra-hot dishes. , Not knowledge of mixed drinks on menu.

Return to Scottsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Inchin's Bamboo Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.