Illegal Pete's

Contact 970-999-3051

320 Walnut St, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, 80524

Serves meat, vegan options available. Colorado-based casual Mexican restaurant chain; this one has a huge rooftop patio. Full bar and happy hour daily. Vegan suitable items include: cilantro lime rice, brown rice, black and pinto beans, fajita veggies, guacamole, salsas and chips, pesto (creaminess comes from nuts), and the veggie green chili is vegan but contains potatoes (same fryer used for non-veg). Could ask for gucamole as substitute for dairy in a burrito, bowl, tacos. Open Mon-Thu 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Fri 7:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-2:30am, Sat-Sun 9:00am-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by sferd

Tasty vegan options in Old Town--great happy hour! - Edit

How do I love Illegal Pete's? Let me count the ways:

-Free guacamole in vegan burritos, bowls & tacos
-Free chips & salsa with bar purchase during happy hour (M-Sun 3-8pm)
-Inexpensive food & margaritas
-Burrito contents are mixed together before rolling
-Large rooftop patio

It seems the hubby and I head to Illegal Pete's at least once a week. As money is tight, we LOVE their generous happy hours and tasty margaritas ($4 during HH). If we are not hungry for a 'meal,' we have a couple of drinks with the HH free chips & salsa and a side of black beans. Tip: if you're like me and don't like sweet margaritas, order yours "half sour/half soda."

Staff is very friendly. Large variety of tortillas available (all vegan). Two types of veggies--Primavera (contain small amount of honey) and Fajita (vegan). Two types of beans (black & pinto--both vegan); two types of rice (brown & Cilantro Lime--both vegan); lots of fixings. We generally stick to tasty vegan burritos ($7), but bowls available as GF option.

There are two bars--we prefer the cozy atmosphere at the upstairs bar which is more adult-friendly. But, during sunny weather, it can be difficult to find a table upstairs. When it's warm out, the large rooftop patio is a good choice if you don't mind the sun.

In addition to the food, I really enjoy the atmosphere. We sometimes go for a long bike ride before visiting. Luckily, we have no qualms stopping at IP's for a drink despite being sweaty!

Because you can customize your food, it is very allergen-friendly. We have a friend with several allergies (soy, gluten, nuts, etc.) and IP's is a safe place for him to eat.

Basically, eating & drinking at Illegal Pete's is easy. No stress about what to order.

Pros: Free guacamole in vegan burritos, Generous Happy Hour, Friendly staff

Cons: Lots of TVs, Upstairs crowded in sunny weather, Long lines for food when busy

Return to Fort Collins Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Illegal Pete's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 506 times since Feb 2016.