Il Piccolo Forno

Chaupi K'Ikllu 120 (Calle Del Medio), Ollantaytambo, Peru

Serves meat, vegan options available. This Italian restaurant offers a quinoa burger and has vegetarian pizza and salad, gluten free pizza. Nice atmosphere, has Wi-Fi, only 6 tables. Owner is from Italy. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by maynard7

Best place in Ollantaytambo for dinner and dessert - Edit

This restaurant is the perfect spot for a vegetarian person because of the quinoa burger, the calzones and all the pizzas made by an Italian expat "slow food" chef. We ordered a vegan pizza and he made us one at a reduced price because of no cheese after we asked.
However, we would like to highlight the vegan baked goods: the apple pie, the energy balls, they are beyond good! We stayed in Ollantaytambo for a month and we used to go everyday to get dessert.

Also, he can make the best vegan hot chocolate! Really, it is the best hot chocolate we ever tried, just ask for water instead of milk. He doesn't use refined sugar but chankaka and the chocolate is local. He sells homemade products like tomato sauce and olive oil.

Pros: Vegan baked goods!!! (ask), Hot chocolate! , Super friendly owner

Cons: Limited vegan options for meals

Good food here with veggie options - Edit

I went here twice during my stay in Ollantaytambo. Any pizza place can make a veggie pizza, but the ones here are very good, and they look good. The owner is from Rome, Italy.

Besides pizza, they have a quinoa burger (it comes with nothing extra, so the owner offered to make me a simple salad to go along with it for 5 soles more). They also have a salad that normally comes with chicken strips, but they can leave out the chicken and put in more veggies and nuts.

They have homemade ice cream. I tried the chocolate and it was chocolate overload. Very good, but it had a stimulant effect and I couldn't fall asleep that night!

This was my favorite restaurant in Ollantaytambo and I warmly recommend it.

Pros: Good food & flavors, Everything made on premises

Return to Ollantaytambo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Il Piccolo Forno closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.