First Review by Leo Rademakers

Strange decoration, great food - Edit

We visited Il Mediterraneo last friday on our way back from a trip, because Etten-Leur is not really close to our home town. But we will definitely return here! The restaurant is small (7 or so tables) and decorated like the usual pizza restaurant. Which it is NOT. It is a vegan-friendly, lacto-vegetarian-friendly, vegetarian restaurant with just a few meat-and-fish options. The food is great: the chef uses mainly organic ingredients and he is a very creative cook. Every dish tastes delicious, with surprising combinations. Just one example: I had a mushroom broth or soup, that came with a smal piece of brown bread made of walnuts, with a white chocolate dipping. Great!
My wife had a delicious risotto made of groats and I had a vegetarian tuna burger with mashed leek and potatoes. Everything was served in a chique way by a servant who seemed to have no idea about serving food, but who was helpful and friendly nevertheless. His explanations on how the menu was to be interpreted didn't enlighten us, but the menu itself didn't really need any explanation, and any preferences or extras that we asked for, were met with a friendly reaction.
My wife liked the somewhat shabby decoration very much. I did not, because I think it does not do justice to the great quality of the food served. But we will definitely be back soon!

Pros: Great organic and vegetarian food, Very surprising tastes and combinations, Small with a friendly staff

Cons: Strange and somewhat shabby decoration

Has CLOSED: Il Mediterraneo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.