• Il Gelato di Carlotta

• (9)
  • Ice-cream Ice Cream

Ice cream shop with non-dairy flavours available. Also sells pastries and coffee.

Venue map for Il Gelato di Carlotta
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Adeline82

JustinHall

Points +47

06 Dec 2023

Delicious vegan options!

Some wonderful vegan options here. I had a flaky apple pastry, a chocolate chip muffin, and a scoop of strawberry gelato. So good!

Angie-Fife

Points +135

01 Oct 2023

Lovely place for a vegan breakfast

This is not just an ice-cream shop. We had a breakfast of oat milk cappuccino, panini with roast veg and tofu and a fabulous apple strudel.

Updated from previous review on 2023-10-01

VeryWitchyVegan

Points +48

08 Jan 2023

Very good

I had the mango gelato and the vegan/GF muffin. The gelato was amazing, I did think it tasted like pineapple but that was probably the sugar. I enjoyed the chocolate chip muffin but I found it dense and dry. Someone I was with had the gluten free cone and they said it was great!
Overall a very good experience!

Pros: Four vegan options , Nice staff

Cons: Muffin recipe could be tweaked

ShelbyMcLaughlin

Points +47

21 Jun 2022

Chocolate Vegan Gelato

They had 4 options for vegan ice cream: strawberry, mango, dark chocolate, or lemon. I tried the chocolate and strawberry which were both amazing. They also had vegan caramel for on top which was good but go easy on it as it’s very sweet!

Pros: Chocolate flavour, Friendly staff, Gluten free vegan options

Cons: Wish it had more non-fruit flavours like vanilla

IronJuice

Points +982

13 Feb 2022

Vegan options available

The mango sorbet tastes very nice 4/5, it’s creamy and doesn’t really feel like sorbet. The strawberry one is more sorbet taste 2/5.
They also have vegan muffins and lasagna. I cannot vouch for them however, muffin is a 2/5 very dense, and doesn’t smell palatable. Lasagna is a 1/5, too sour to my taste.

Mamabear22

Points +61

28 Jun 2021

Amazing vegan gelato/sorbet

I had the dark chocolate ‘sorbet’ and it was so rich and creamy it didn’t feel like sorbet. The cones are vegan and they had a vegan caramel sauce (I didn’t like the sauce). It was so good I went back the next day to get it again!

Pros: Dark chocolate sorbet is very rich and creamy

hmscookie

Points +68

24 Feb 2020

5-6 vegan flavours

Went here twice on our visit, had mango, dark chocolate, strawberry and peach. They were all really smooth, not very sugary (other than dark chocolate!)

Note: one of the owner isn't clear about what's vegan. The staff are more knowledgeable.

Pros: Lots of flavours , Cones are vegan

Cons: Owner gave us dairy options by accident

hokusai77

Points +13612

11 Jul 2019

Nice sorbets

They only had sorbets when I visited. I tried mango and dark chocolate, both flavours were OK.

Updated from previous review on 2019-07-11

Adeline82

Points +490

23 Jun 2019

Going to the lake

Nice cafe with wifi and a small selection of nice vegan ice cream (not sorbets)
Same prices as Nina's, who also makes gelatos and has sorbets. But portions are a bit smaller

Pros: Wifi, credit card

Cons: More flavours would be nice