First Review by Sonja and Dirk

Very tasty and fresh - Edit

I had a salad made up which consisted mostly of raw ingredients - which is good. I asked for no onion/garlic and the store owner was kind enough to show me which ingredients were suitable for me. Price is not cheap but it is very nice.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 15, 2015

Pros: Very tasty, Raw ingredients

Cons: A little expensive but still ok

I love IKU - Edit

I love all the Iku's. It's awesome to have great tasting vegan food at so many locations in Sydney. The food is really yummy. I highly recommend any of the large pies with salad & dressing. I also can never say no to whichever tart they have on the day with rice cream. :)

Pros: great food, lots of choice, quick & easy

Wholesome and Perfect - Edit

We didn't know what to expect when we read that this was a "fast food counter," and were very pleasantly surprised to find gourmet, ready-to-eat cold options and hot meals as well. We tried to sample some of everything--tofu fritter, polenta slice, rice ball, rice paper roll, wraps, the caramelized onion tart & salad meal (heavenly!), a daily soup special, and baked goods like the muffins, friands, and marabbas. Everything was fresh, yummy, and filling. Our only conundrum was wanting to try too many things, which can be costly.

There was a bar with 4-5 seats, so we were able to sit down and eat. It's in a great location, not far from Circular Quay. A bonus--there was a LUSH store a few feet away.

We wish this chain would come to the US--I could eat there every day.

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Great location

Tasty takeaway - Edit

We grabbed dinner to go from this location one evening after sightseeing. It was near closing time, so we only got to choose from what was left, but the carmelized onion tart (with side salad) was delicious as were the wrap and tofu millet ball we had. We took a banana nut muffin for the next morning too. It was rush hour, so it was a bit crazy with people rushing to the train station, but I couldn't see any tables or any other place to sit, but that was fine with us as we were heading back to our hotel anyways.

Pros: tasty takeaway, convenient location

Cons: no tables??

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Iku Wholefoods Kitchen - Wynyard closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3460 times since Aug 2007.