Iku Wholefoods Kitchen - Westfield Plaza

02-92338001

Level 5, Shop 5009, Market St, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000

Part of the Iku chain. Provides quick and healthy meals for lunches and snacks. Has gluten free options. Open Mon-Wed 9:30am-6:30pm, Thu 9:30am-9:30pm, Fri-Sun 9:30am-6:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Organic, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by tsathoggua101

Good cakes - Edit

We really liked the vegan cakes and salads . A small place in a food court , it worth a visit .

OK but bland - Edit

I have been here several times in the past - it's a good standby for lunch or a takeaway dinner in Sydney CBD. This time I had a large mixed salad, a rice ball and a millet ball. All good but a bit on the bland side and the price was pretty high.

Pros: Good location

Cons: Food is bland

Great staff, ok food - Edit

Enjoyed my visit to Iku at Pitt St. Very nice, knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff.
Food is not bad but not spectacular value. The quality is perhaps the food court version of vegan whole food. It certainly didn't taste fresh but it was enjoyable. I guess if they microwave the food in front of you then you shouldn't be expecting quality fare.

Given that the quality is only ok I would have liked the prices to be more appropriate for the food.
I found them a little expensive for what it was.

Overall pleased I went.

Updated from previous review on 2014-11-14

Pros: Great staff, Interesting food

Cons: not great value , Not very fresh tasting, 'Hot' food was only warmish and cold in parts.

Great for takeaway! - Edit

We stopped in here for food for a long day's hike, and we so enjoyed our wrap and the raw cookies. Wish we'd been able to take salads along; these looked delicious, too.

Pros: Great for takeaway, Reasonable prices, Healthy, fresh, wholesome

Cons: Mall location

tasty vegan - Edit

Tasty vegan option in a food court. This is the "centerpoint" store which is open during the holiday break while all the rest are closed. The food was good, a millet rosemary ball and a chocolate cake slice. Both were very oily. I would go back again.

Pros: all vegan

Cons: oily

Yummy vegan food in a mall food court - Edit

I came here a few times to get takeouts during my stay in Sydney since it was very close to the hotel I stayed in. Got different things every single time and they were all consistently good. All vegan to boot! Only wish they would stay open for longer into the evenings, but it seemed that the whole food court ran more or less on the same hours.

Pros: great food, all vegan

Cons: not open for dinner most of the week

awesome!! - Edit

Love this place! Great easy options on the go without tasting mass produced!

Pros: everything is vegan!

Best vegan Lasagne I've ever had! - Edit

I would always come back for the kombucha and the Lasagne!

Wholesome Vegan Food - Edit

Iku is an all vegan chain serving tasty and wholesome lunches and snacks. While the quality is good I find it quite pricey for the portion sizes you receive. It's great to have an all vegan chain in Westfield however there are now plenty of other vegan options in the city that offer better value.

Pros: Healthy, Tasty, Vegan

Cons: Expensive, Small portions

Yes.Yes.Yes! - Edit

I loved this place. Everything is vegan. I had the lasagne and it was delicious! Highly recommend this place. Everything looks soooo yummy!

Pros: Everything is Vegan, reasonably priced too

Cons: It's on the 5th level of a shopping centre, and

Yum yum yum - Edit

This place is great, will definitely be back while in Sydney :) I had a delicious tart.

Pros: All vegan :)

great food! lovely staff! - Edit

food was excellent, espcially the rice balls are to die for! I had to go back to get some more and take them with me :) there's so much to choose from which makes it hard to decide (and that's actually a plus!). I seriously regret that I tried none of the desserts.
the girl behind the counter was amazingly helpful! the shopping centre offers plenty of space to sit and rest your legs for a while :)

Pros: taste & variety, price, staff

Cons: can't think of any

是歐美的素食,不過有咖哩 - Edit

沒有那種中式的熱食,不過同樣的賣場同一層有鼎泰豐,有些素食

great food - Edit

So good to have vegan options in the shopping mall! I went back and got the lasagne again as it was so delicious! Thought it was maybe slightly pricey when you get a little dessert too but nothing too bad.

Pros: yummy

Cons: tiny bit pricey

Super friendly staff, good food - Edit

This was our favorite location of the Iku chain that we went to. Staff were super friendly and told us which were their favorite items / helped us narrow down the choices.

Food was great, and we were really happy.

Pros: All vegan, friendly

very nice to see a successful vegan chain - Edit

great food and a really good price for the middle of sydney I got a salad plate and the dhal was incredible i recommend 3 scoops of that also the chickpeas were great

Pros: great food., good service

Cons: no cons

love love love - Edit

I'm addicted to iku! I go here all the time for lunch and dinner and wish there was a store in manly!

Pros: the curries and casseroles, the salads and pickled ginger, the friands and bancha slice

delicious - Edit

Delicious food in a very busy food court. Loved it.

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Iku Wholefoods Kitchen - Westfield Plaza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.