Ike's Quarter Cafe

Contact 530-265-6138

401 Commercial St (at downtown), Nevada City, California, USA, 95959

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cajun style food with vegan options including french toast, biscuits and gravy, and tofu sandwich. Uses organic veggies. Mon 8:00am-2:30pm, Wed-Sun 8:00am-2:30pm

Category: American, Beer/Wine, Cajun, Non-veg

First Review by JenDiggity

Loved it! - Edit

For a non-vegetarian restaurant, this place really does alright by vegans by having awesome delicious vegan food! Sure, I want more of it, of course, but Ike's is doing better than most.

I got the Vegan Creole BLT, which was great! Veggie bacon, a creole remoulade, and a side of vegan potato salad -- win! Plus, I ordered one slice of the vegan French toast for $5, and it was so great that I've thought about it ever since. I posted a picture here, you should take a look because it's a thing of beauty. I think they must have used almond flour on it or something.

It's busy, there's a wait outside, and the place hops, but it's worth being patient. Outside waiting, I overheard people talking about becoming vegan, yayyyy! That instantly improves my day.

Pros: great food, somethinf kinda different, one French toast slice for $5

Cons: gotta be patient before being seated, serves animal meat and secretions, bathroom wait cuz folks stare @ wall art

delicious - Edit

ike's is great because they have a hold on a unique culinary style in this town; it's the only place that i know of with so much creole food AND vegan options. try the tempeh etoufee and the veggie demolition sandwich or build your own tasty tofu scramble.

Pros: unique menu, many vegan choices, beautiful outdoor patio

Cons: gets very busy, credit/debit not accepted

OMG SO GOOD!!! - Edit

Ike's has a LOT of vegan options. The french toast is to die for (try it with the brown sugar bananas and pecans...mmm). How about vegan biscuits and gravy? I like getting veg ausage patties, biscuits, and potatoes and making my own breakfas sandwich. Then there's the burgers...yum! They do a cajun tempeh rueben (ruby!), a sausagey, peppery sandwich thing, BLT...there are a LOT of vegan options here, I'm telling you! We hit this place every other weekend or so. They've got a lot of gluten-free options, too. Oh, and I heard they're developing a gluten-free and vegan dessert menu as well. Hooray! Only downside: dang there are a lot of hippies in Nevada City and they sure love Ike's!

Pros: many options, great food, they know their menu

Cons: Not all vegan, watching people eat eggs, a lot of hippies

Return to Nevada City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ike's Quarter Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1043 times since Jul 2008.