Ike's

831-643-0900

570 Munras Ave, Monterey, California, USA, 93940

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sandwich shop chain. Offers options for vegan sandwiches using ingredients like vegan cheese and faux meat. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by JohnFalstaff

One of my regular places - Edit

The area doesn't have many options and I spend a lot of time here. The sandwiches are good enough to keep me coming back. The sourdough is really good. The sandwich I get the most is the Vegan "Meatless Mike". Next to that the vegan "Captain Kirk" is pretty good.

Pros: vegan options, good bread, friendly staff

Cons: Not enough vegan options, Not a lot of toppings. Would like to see olives., A bit pricey

Good but not great - Edit

Stopped at Ike's on our arrival in Monterey, looking for a quick lunch. Had not visited an Ike's location before but internet search made it look like they were on the money and veg*n friendly.

The sandwiches we had were good, but nothing exceptional. I would eat there again, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to do so. They do offer a wide selection of creative sandwich offerings, with many vegetarian and vegan options.

We did have to change our orders (there were five of us) because they ran out of vegan chik'n. We got one sandwich with it, but two more of us had planned to order sandwiches with it and had to change. This was annoying for reasons I don't need to explain, but that was mitigated by the fact that the alternatives we got were good and, notably, the counter server was super apologetic and super willing to make amends. Unfortunate that it happened -- it shouldn't have, when so much of your veg*n menu includes it -- but the quality of a business is revealed in how they handle problems, and Ike's deserves much credit for handling this the right way.

Pros: Inventive sandwich combinations, Many veg*n options

Cons: Tasty ideas but unremarkable results, Seems a little pricey

Return to Monterey Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ike's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.