Ike's

Contact 480-610-6750

1130 W Grove Ste 110, Mesa, Arizona, USA, 85210

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chain sandwich shop originating from Northern California. Has vegan sandwiches and ingredients like vegan cheese and faux meats. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

staff first know what vegan is - Edit

Nice vegan menu and options. I love the meatball sub, the bread is awesome and the meatless meatballs are bomb!

My wife ordered a non vegan item without cheese, asked them to make it vegan then they put mayo on it, big bummer. We will go back again and be more carful ordering.

Overall sweet spot for a vegan samich!

Pros: tasty, deliciousness , nutritiousness

Cons: staff doesn't know vegan

Vegan Menu Available Online - Edit

Went here for the first time. Asked if they had a Vegan menu in store and the cashier looked at us blankly and said no but explained that they could make their vegetarian sandwiches without breading vegan. After looking up the menu online had to explain in detail what their website said was on the sandwich. Mentioned being Vegan more than once and when my husband ordered wheat bread was not told it contained honey.

I ordered the Vegan Turkey Rueben. They use daiya cheese which isn't my favorite, but my sandwich had a Vegan coleslaw that was tasty.

The price is a bit high for a sandwich, but I will try it again to try other sandwiches.

Pros: Vegan and Veg Options, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Pricey

Attention All Mesa Vegans - Edit

I have struggled for a long time trying to find a restaurant in mesa that offers vegan meat options. Every vegan that resides in mesa knows that there are slim pickins for eating out. Ikes has a ton of vegan sub options with vegan chicken and Turkey (happy dance). They also use what tastes like daiya cheese. I highly recommend checking this place out.

Pros: Vegan Meats!

You've Never Had a Sandwich Like This! - Edit

I have recently learned of the fabulousness that is Ike's Love & Sandwiches, and I am a big fan!

This was my first time at the Mesa location. I ordered the Vegan Pilgrim (vegan turkey, cranberry sauce, Sriracha, vegan dirty sauce + lettuce [I omitted the vegan cheese]) on their french roll/bread. I know. That combination makes no sense, right? Wrong! It was so good!

That’s mostly what you’ll find here. An amazing concoction of drool-worthy creations, canvased between delicious, homemade bread. (Their Dutch Crunch bread is a must try!) They also have some simple sandwiches, if that’s your thing.

Supposedly, there are 100 veggie sandwich options, most of which can be veganized. Vegans, just be sure to tell them to make it vegan.

Here’s a vegan breakdown:
They use Daiya for the cheeses, Tofurkey for the vegan turkey, and Gardein for the vegan chicken and meatballs.
All of their breads are vegan except for the wheat (contains honey).
The wasabi mayo is automatically vegan, so no need to request a vegan version.
The “Air” fries and tater tots are vegan (and they are baked, not fried).
Their Dirty Sauce is not vegan, but they offer a vegan version (it’s delicious!).
Their purple coleslaw is vegan.
There’s a vegan french dressing and BBQ sauce.

Not vegan:
Their pesto, honey mustard, fried foods, like onion rings & beer battered zucchini (egg based batter), and the obvious (meats and non-vegan cheeses).
Sun-Devil sauce is NOT vegan & there is no vegan version.

Veggie bacon is vegetarian; not vegan.

They have gluten-free options.

The girl helping me out tonight was super nice and knowledgeable about their vegan menu. I had a question about the french dressing, and she had a handy-dandy cheat sheet which she used to confirm that it is vegan (or they have a vegan option; I didn’t clarify).

Most of the veg*n sandwiches are @ $10, but they are big enough to either share or save 1/2 for another day. They offer chips (most of which are vegan too; just avoid the Salt & Vinegar and the BBQ Ranch), bottled and fountain drinks. Nice size location with plenty of tables and booths inside. There are only a couple of tables outside. It shares a big parking lot with other establishments, so there is plenty of parking. Located about 3 lights north of US 60, off of the Alma School exit, on the east side of the street (opposite side of the street from the Fiesta Mall).

If I could, I would give them 5 cows for their extensive (& delicious!) vegan selections.

Pros: extensive, creative & DELICIOUS VEGAN options, friendly & knowledgeable staff, nice decor, clean restaurant

Return to Mesa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ike's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.