Ike's Lair

Contact 510-338-6789

2204 Broadway (at downtown), Oakland, California, USA, 94612

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sandwich shop with multiple locations. Has a vegetarian section on the menu, all of which could be made vegan. Vegan choices include breaded vegan chicken, meatless meatballs, and turkey. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by pop86tart

vegan sandwich options - Edit

I stopped in for lunch with a friend. There was a line as it was peak lunchtime, but it moved fairly quickly. The menu lists several vegan options, but when I ordered, I had to ask about the bread (whole wheat is not vegan) and repeat that I wanted everything vegan. We both ordered the Pilgrim sandwich which was good. They also give lollipops in the bag and the staff remembered at the last second to double check if we wanted vegan ones, so we swapped ours out. Overall, a good place to grab a quick bite.

Pros: vegan sandwich options, good for a quick meal

Cons: serves meat and dairy

Awesome place! - Edit

Stopped here to grab a sandwich for the trip back to LA and was surprised with all the vegan sandwich options! My cashier was vegan and knowledgeable about the vegan options. I decided to go with the meatball sandwich and was happy with my choice. Definitely give this place a try!

so yummy!!! - Edit

We went to the new 1 in Salinas California. My husband and I both have the meatball vegan sandwich it was delicious so yummy we will definitely be going back!!

Pros: vegan cheese, big portions, great bread

Cons: a little pricey, closes at 7 p.m.

Delish - Edit

I've had a couple different sandwiches here and was happy with both. The breaded veggie chicken is quite delicious. Price is a bit high (nearly $9 for a kaiser roll sized sandwich), but when you have a hankering for a big veggie meat sandwich this a great option.

Pros: many veggie sandwiches, good veggie meat, quick service even with a line

Cons: expensive!, parking is a pain, often busy

Disappointing for vegans! - Edit

The sandwich options seemed good standing in line, but when it came time to order, the cashier said the sandwich I wanted was unavailable. I tried to select another one, but again, she said it wasn't available since they didn't have the breaded vegetable needed for the ingredients! The only option she suggested was just some vegetables in between bread, nothing that Subway couldn't do. My friend got a turkey sandwich and said the flavor was fine, but the portions were painfully small and overpriced. I will not be returning!

Cons: very few seating, lack of available vegan options, small portions

Return to Oakland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ike's Lair closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1204 times since Aug 2012.