IKEA

( 1 review )
866-866-4532

645 Cutler Ave, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3B 0M2

Serves meat, vegan options available. International superstore with bistro. Menu offers snacks and Swedish meatballs and includes vegan meatballs. Also has rice and veggies, pasta marinara, salads, fountain drinks. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:30am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out, European, Swedish, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by QuothTheRaven

Try the veggie balls! - Edit

I didn't really understand the hype when Ikea announced a store coming to Halifax but I actually really love it.

The store is huge and can be a bit daunting at first. I did get lost a couple times haha!

Ikea has everything you can dream of and more. Seeing the fully done up rooms gives you great ideas for your own home, as well as giving a good visualization of the wide variety of products they carry. You can find everything from furniture, stuffed animals, rugs, lighting, kitchen gadgets, candles, plants, bedding and much more.

Although there's many things at Ikea I find too modern for my taste, there's also a lot I did like which I've never seen elsewhere. I also have to say there are A LOT of awesome deals there too. If you need decent home furnishings on a budget, Ikea has got your back.

My favourite part of Ikea, believe it or not, is their cafeteria style eatery. I love the wall of fake plants that you see when you first come to the cafe and the giant sized light covers and the gorgeous view of Dartmouth in its entirety, finally makes me understand why they built it where they did because it truly is spectacular up there. It can be a little confusing on how the cafeteria system works but basically just follow the lineup and you'll figure it out.

They have an array of items to choose from as you go through the line. Desserts and other cold platters, drinks and then an area for hot food. They have a veggie balls plate which comes with veggies, white rice and their vegan meatballs with a delicious curry sauce, I've had this twice now and I really love it. And it's only $6.99 for the plate and it's totally vegan. They also have pasta marinara, a green salad and fruit salad for other vegan options. They also offer $1 fountain drinks with free refills. The drink options are also unique and awesome! They have cola sweetened with stevia, lingonberry juice and flavoured carbonated waters.

Downstairs after you go through the checkouts they have another small eatery and then their food section where you can purchase their Swedish foods. They offer the veggie balls in a frozen bag there for $8.99 but don't have much else that is vegan besides juices ko and a couple other random things.

Cons:
+Real cow skin rugs (so sad and unnecessary)
+Concrete floors are painful after awhile, especially when you suffer from chronic pain as myself. This is true of most malls and stores though.

Pros: vegan options

Return to Dartmouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has IKEA closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.