IKEA

02-80206641

1030 Majura Rd, Majura, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, 2609

Serves meat, vegan options available. International superstore with bistro. Menu offers snacks and Swedish meatballs and includes vegan meatballs and couscous roast veggies. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, European, Swedish, Non-veg

First Review by vegies28

Good Vegan Options - Edit

I visited IKEA Canberra a while ago and was happy to see there were a couple of vegan options, one of the obvious ones being the veggie balls with couscous (you just have to ask to have this without sour cream). Another item on the menu I saw was something like tomato-basil gnocchi which was a complete vegan option. They have a couple of salad options which I have not tried before, but I definitely know the garden salad is vegan. The fast food express station also serves up veggie balls now and potato fries (vegan). As for breakfast, fruit salad is vegan but there is a vegetarian breakfast which you could ask for no scrambled eggs to make plant-based.

Pros: Affordable food, Good place to eat when socialising with non-vegans, Vegan options available for every part of the day

Cons: Food tastes a bit bland, Quantity may be a bit small, Kitchen utensils may be in contact with non-v food

Sweedish restaurant - Edit

It's great that I could get some food after a long day shopping at IKEA. When I went there were 2 vegan options on the menu. I got vegan 'meatballs' with cous cous and roast veggies. Quite a small serving but cheap and delicious! They also sell the veggie balls frozen.

Return to Canberra Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has IKEA closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.