Idealite - Bugis Village

153 Rochor Rd, Bugis Village, Central Singapore, Singapore, 188428

品味舒食 operates outlets in Malaysia; this is a first venture into Singapore. Serves dishes like tomato spaghetti, red curry ramen, pumpkin vege set, bak kut teh rice, and other local dishes. Focus on healthy and nutritous food. Does not use MSG, artificial colouring or peanuts, nor a microwave oven. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out, Malaysian, Singaporean

First Review by veganeconomist

idealite - Edit

clean, healthy food (no msg, peanut, microwave, synthetic colouring, vegetarian gluten meat). but not cheap by singaporean standards, especially in bugis where veg*n food is aplenty.

my father and i ordered rice dishes with red/green curry. while i have nothing against white space, the way these were presented was underwhelming - i could count the number of papadum, cashews and sesame seeds (see photos). the most generous portion seems to have been watermelon. soupy dishes such as my mum's bak ku teh seemed more generously apportioned as contrasted to the rice dishes.

i ordered a set meal which comprised soup, salad, drink and main course. as we went on a monday, soup was on the house for everyone, even those who hadn't ordered set meals. from a customer's point of view, i'd have appreciated if they had offered a discount or an additional snack/dessert to account for this discrepancy.

besides our three mains, we also ordered a fried mushroom dish to share.

the waitress who served us was friendly, but we still had to pencil in our own orders, which caused a bit of confusion with special requests. although we were there before the lunch crowd thronged, and although the waitress had repeated our order, egg was still served when i had asked for it to be omitted from my dish.

with so many veggie choices in the area, this is not a place i would bring my omnivorous friends if i'm intending to wow them, healthy as it may be. i'm not against revisiting it, but will probably do so only when i've finished trying out the other eateries in bugis, or if there's a promotion going on.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-29

Pros: wholesome, healthy food, friendly staff

Cons: servings could be more generous, not cheap

Healthy, vegan friendly vegetarian restaurant - Edit

Had the red curry ramen and Hokkaido sushi at the restaurant yesterday. Both dishes were good; I especially enjoyed the sushi. I also liked that they use whole wheat noodles for the ramen. The service staff was friendly, but seemed a little disorganized at times.

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Idealite - Bugis Village closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2038 times.