Ice Queen Gelato

• Other Other
Contact 2109245096

Makrigianni 9, Athens, Greece,

Ice cream cafe in the center of Athens, close to Acropolis. Offers several ice cream flavors labeled as milkfree. Has soymilk for coffee drinks. As of Feb 2016 it now has vegan waffles with vegan nutella and whipped cream. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm. Closes earlier in winter months.

First Review by flamekat

The Best Vegan Icecream!!!! - Edit

This awesome gelato shops offers several flavours of which 8 or so are vegan. I tried the chocolate, the plum, the banana and the coconut. All amazing! Staff were friendly and let us know the waffle cone was not vegan as it contained egg. They do a vegan waffle with vegan Nutella tho (which I'll be going back for). The scoops were also super big. Not sure if that's the norm or the guy found my extreme excitement at finally being able to eat vegan Icecream amusing so he gave us extra large portions. This place has my vote!

Pros: heaps of delicious vegan flavours, large portions

Cons: not 100% vegan

Amazing - Edit

It was a pleasantly surprise to find such a place in Athens, near the Acropolis. Many vegan ice cream options and not so expensive. We chose pineapple and coconut ice cream and did not disappoint us. Highly recommended.

Pros: Situation, Many vegan options, Price

Perfect! - Edit

This place is great! Lots of vegan options, maybe 8, clearly labelled. One day I had the sour cherry and the espresso gelato, and another day coconut and watermelon - all gorgeous. The waffles are beautiful as is the Nutella sauce. Good portions and friendly staff. Don't miss!

Pros: Choice, Flavour, Portion size

Nice place, nice waffle - Edit

A really nice place, close to the metro station of Akropolis, offers vegan ice cream, vegan waffles with syrup/nutella/fruits/ice cream, vegan cappuccino and vegan sanwich with vegan cheese. The location isn't something special, but is really easy to find. Self-service.

Pros: Tasty, Easy to find, Many options

so delicious! - Edit

We were exited to find this place! It was very easy to find, right across from the Acropolis Metro station. We had the very strong and flavorful espresso ice cream, the intense coconut and the fresh pineapple. The shop assistant seemed very proud of the vegan selection and were super friendly. This place is highly recommended!

Pros: clearly marked vegan items, central location

Cons: not everything is vegan

Fresh and delicious! - Edit

I just discovered this place today. My friend and I were walking to visit another friend where he works, and she had just asked if it was possible to find vegan ice cream in Athens. I said, no, not really, just in the bio shops. We turned a corner, and were confronted with a giant sign advertising vegan gelato so of course we went in!

There were several vegan flavors to choose from, including espresso, banana, strawberry, coconut, chocolate, and a fruit sorbet. I chose coconut and chocolate. My friend got strawberry (and non-vegan nutella). The fruit flavors are all made with fresh fruit. Both the coconut and strawberry tasted like the actual fruits, not that sort of fake ice creamy-flavor one can usually expect. The chocolate was also delicious.

The service was fast and friendly, and it was reasonably priced (3.50 for 2 big scoops). It's also a convenient location for tourists since it's right near the Acropolis museum and several hotels and hostels. We will definitely be going back!

Pros: friendly staff, delicious, good location

2 Responses

Steeny888 09 Aug 2015 - Discovered this place by accident walking around Athens in the evening. The shop keeper was amazing and explained how the gelato was always vegan and that they just got signs when they realized it was in demand. He said that adding milk to the fruit gelato ruins the taste and that the dark chocolate and espresso wouldn't be if they added it. I had the espresso and a spoon of the fig. The fig tasted exactly like figs. The espresso was so creamy and rich! A++

flamekat 23 Feb 2016 - My friends and I have become regulars here. The staff is so friendly and now they have delicious vegan waffles, complete with vegan nutella and whipped cream!

Return to Athens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ice Queen Gelato closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.