Ice Queen Gelato

• Other Other
Contact 2109245096

Makrigianni 9, Athens, Greece,

Ice cream cafe in the center of Athens, close to Acropolis. Offers several ice cream flavors labeled as milkfree. Has soymilk for coffee drinks. As of Feb 2016 it now has vegan waffles with vegan nutella and whipped cream. Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm Closes earlier in winter months.

First Review by flamekat

Amazing - Edit

It was a pleasantly surprise to find such a place in Athens, near the Acropolis. Many vegan ice cream options and not so expensive. We chose pineapple and coconut ice cream and did not disappoint us. Highly recommended.

Pros: Situation, Many vegan options, Price

Perfect! - Edit

This place is great! Lots of vegan options, maybe 8, clearly labelled. One day I had the sour cherry and the espresso gelato, and another day coconut and watermelon - all gorgeous. The waffles are beautiful as is the Nutella sauce. Good portions and friendly staff. Don't miss!

Pros: Choice, Flavour, Portion size

Nice place, nice waffle - Edit

A really nice place, close to the metro station of Akropolis, offers vegan ice cream, vegan waffles with syrup/nutella/fruits/ice cream, vegan cappuccino and vegan sanwich with vegan cheese. The location isn't something special, but is really easy to find. Self-service.

Pros: Tasty, Easy to find, Many options

so delicious! - Edit

We were exited to find this place! It was very easy to find, right across from the Acropolis Metro station. We had the very strong and flavorful espresso ice cream, the intense coconut and the fresh pineapple. The shop assistant seemed very proud of the vegan selection and were super friendly. This place is highly recommended!

Pros: clearly marked vegan items, central location

Cons: not everything is vegan

Fresh and delicious! - Edit

I just discovered this place today. My friend and I were walking to visit another friend where he works, and she had just asked if it was possible to find vegan ice cream in Athens. I said, no, not really, just in the bio shops. We turned a corner, and were confronted with a giant sign advertising vegan gelato so of course we went in!

There were several vegan flavors to choose from, including espresso, banana, strawberry, coconut, chocolate, and a fruit sorbet. I chose coconut and chocolate. My friend got strawberry (and non-vegan nutella). The fruit flavors are all made with fresh fruit. Both the coconut and strawberry tasted like the actual fruits, not that sort of fake ice creamy-flavor one can usually expect. The chocolate was also delicious.

The service was fast and friendly, and it was reasonably priced (3.50 for 2 big scoops). It's also a convenient location for tourists since it's right near the Acropolis museum and several hotels and hostels. We will definitely be going back!

Pros: friendly staff, delicious, good location

2 Responses

Return to Athens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ice Queen Gelato closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2155 times since Mar 2014.