I Love Vegetarian De Ra Sa

Contact 0361-768042

Petrokoan Graha Tuban Kav 6, Jalan Bypass, Gusti Ngurah Rai 88 C, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia,

Vegan restaurant offering mostly Indonesian food with some Chinese dishes. Ample vegetable plates with choice of noodles or rice, plus a variety of mock meats. Located on the way to the airport on the Kuta Bypass Road. The nearest main intersection has an enormous white statue and the main hospital BIMC is located a little further up that main road.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Indonesian

First Review by swestrich

Found it amazing! - Edit

I loved this place and thought it was super easy to find (right on a main road).

Delicious food, friendly service, English on the menu.

I ate here while killing time for a flight; otherwise, I would've gone a 2nd time.

Pros: All vegan, Friendly, Delicious, cheap food

just ok - Edit

The place is not very easy to find. You need to take a taxi and our driver had to call to find the restaurant (so keep in mind that you need the phone number). The location is a bad one. The place is not very nice. Staff are kind, only a girl spoke English but she was very clear and helpful. The menu has a great choice, which is mainly mock fish and mock meat. If you love mock flesh, you will like this place. But if you are more a "healthy and fresh veggies person", this restaurant is not for you, as the food is tasty but looks very artificial. Honestly, I did not like it very much, I had the feeling that food was not healthy.

Pros: nice staff, wide choice

Cons: location , artificial flavors , basically only mock meat

fresh, tasty, vegan - Edit

We have been around the place for late lunch. Unfortunately there is no outdoor seating available, but plenty of room inside. We ordered Ayam saté, nasi Kare Malay and Nasi Campur. With 2 water we paid IDR 75k. Everything was fresh and tasty. Defenitely value for money! Huge menu. We come back! - the Ayam saté is exceptionally:)

Pros: menu, quality of the food, value for money

Cons: no outdoor seating

Enormous Menu - Edit

The menu required two volumes. It can be difficult to narrow down what you want for to the immensity of the menu and that all of the dishes are described only in Indonesian and accompanied by very blurry photos.

The food I had was delicious, though. I didn't really know what is was going to be, but I was not disappointed at all.

My one complaint is the "fresh juice" tasting conspicuously like watered-down drink mix in a glass of mostly ice. That was a huge disappointment, but the food was quite tasty.

Pros: Huge Menu, Tasty Food, Quiet

Cons: Huge Menu, Bad Juice

This Place Is Beyond Delicious!! - Edit

We have to go to the immigration office to get visa extensions so we're staying just two blocks from this fantastic restaurant. We stopped in for dinner and after spending 10 minutes with the two menus (one for frozen mock meat dishes, one for non-frozen), we ordered 4 plates without rice or noodles and were blown away by the flavor and texture. None of the fake meat we had was offensive or weird in texture. We had a grilled satay ayam (grilled chicken on a stick), cah sayur mete hem (cashew veggie with ham), bebek (duck) peking mushroom, eggplant. So pleased we may return for breakfast!

Pros: Biggest Vegan Menu Ever, Mock Meats That Don't Gross You Out, Great Sambal

Cons: No Dessert, Portions May Be Small For Hungry People

It is there - Near immigration office - Big Sign - Edit

Nice place with seven tables. Tables seating up to eight. Spacious, clean, pleasant Buddhist vibe. Dishes 20 - 30 k rupiah, very reasonable. Food really tasty. A find! Nice selection of reasonably priced fresh juices. Two thick picture menus. One with mock meat, one without. One waitress speaks English well.
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 06, 2014
The title of this review might be a little misleading. It is across from the immigration office but not directly across the street. This is the immigration office where you get visa extensions (not the one at the airport). You cross the street and I believe it is just a short distance north.

Pros: top quality food, friendly staff, good value

Cons: not in Kuta main tourist area

Unable to find it - Edit

I can't give it a good or bad review because I couldn't find it. I took a taxi because there's no other way to cross the bypass. The driver checked with another driver before we left to be sure of the address. It wasn't there and he then check with two locals who were unable to help. Given others seem to have found it pretty easy I can only guess it has shut down or the address here us wrong.

plenty of choices - Edit

Me and my friend were more than satisfied with the food. We had soup, fried noodles, various mock meat and a desert. Everything was delicious. Only thing I would consider as a con is the ambience. A bit too gloomy and plain in my opinion. But the food is great. It's worth a visit

Pros: good price, large number of meals, menu is with pictures

Cons: location

superb - Edit

Staff speaks barely English but is very friendly and the menu quite huge; every meal is shown in pictures, so one knows what (s)he's going to get. The Mie Goreng Seafood didn't contain any mock seafood, though (as one would expect), but it was delicious anyway and everything else just perfect. Prices are very fair. The taxi driver might try to charge you twice as much (from Kuta Beach!) as two meals will cost you. The restaurant is located along a very busy road with no safe access for pedestrians; crossing the street can be a hazard.

Cheap, yummy, clean - Edit

After getting ourselves very lost trying to find Happy Buddha we were elated to see a vege restaurant. The staff can't speak English but it wasn't an issue as they were so nice and the menu has pics. I'm pretty sure it's vegan. Our total meal came to 91,000 R which is about $9 Australian - two mains, goreng fried rice and two soft drinks. You can't complain about that ;)

Pros: cheap, tasty, vegan

Cons: not the most amazing veg food but still very nice

Delicious! - Edit

Both times I have been here have been fantastic. The food is delicious, the menu extensive (approx 100 tasty vegan dishes!) and the food is unique. They have a great range of seitan faux meat too, one of which tastes exactly like bacon - best substitutes I've had. However, the menu isn't just meat substitutes, there is a huge variety of vegetable dishes and something for every palette. Rock bottom prices! Strongly recommend this restaurant.
The full address is (10 min from the airport):
Pertokoan Graha Tuban Kav. 6,
JL. Bypass Ngurah Rai 88C
(Depan Pompa Bensin)
Tuban Kuta Bali
Tel: 0361 768042

Pros: Amazing food, Very cheap, Menu with images

Cons: Limited level of English speaking

In love with this place! - Edit

This is such a great little restaurant, we were lucky to be staying so close. We ate here 3 nights in a row upon arriving in Kuta, and made sure to return once more just before we flew out. The gals that run the place are very sweet, and did their best to translate as we hadn't grasped much of the language yet. There are almost too many options, but everything we tried was amazing! The menu is fully vegetarian, but does use some egg - not a problem to avoid though, there is lots to choose from. The faux meats were really good, and all the flavours were spot on. If we ever return to Bali, we will definitely come back here!

Pros: Amazing food, Fast service, Lovely staff

Cons: A bit out of the way

A good surprise - Edit

A very good surprise... this restaurant is probably vegan, but I'm not sure. As the staff where not really speack english. But the food was delicious, it was a good experience. I can recommand this place.

Excellent find - Edit

This restaurant is pretty amazing, they have a very impressive menu. It's also quite inexpensive. They don't speak English though, so it's pretty much a guessing game on what food you are getting. The menu has pictures though so all is good :). The waitresses are also cute :P

Pros: Inexpensive, Nice menu, Great food

Cons: No English

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has I Love Vegetarian De Ra Sa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6715 times since Jun 2012.