I Love Vegan

Contact 562-981-8700

2264 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, California, USA, 90806

Thai vegan food restaurant est. 2014. Offers a sizable menu of soy meats, tofu, rice, noodles, and vegetable dishes. Quiet and simple space with dim lighting and plenty of seating. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-2:30pm, Tue-Sun 4:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Thai, Take-out

First Review by earthville

Great if you don't actually want to eat. - Edit

I took my Vegan parents here when they came for a visit to Long Beach. We waited nearly an hour before we actually ate (well 3 out of 6 people) appetizer soups; we still had no place settings and no drinks. I had to clear the plates myself, onto the next table, as they were being used and emptied. I also took forks from the next table, and we actually never received any napkins that we asked for. The Vegetable soup had few veggies in it, and more noodles than broth even. It was hot and tasty though. The 'orange chicken' was soppy with sauce, and the miso soup, salty. The server was clearly new, and owner apologetic, but I had to be somewhere 1.5 hours after we say down, and never got to really eat. The plain iced tea came as tropical flavored instead, after confirmation was established. I'd never go there again, and was completely embarrassed to have been excited about exposing my family to new places in Long Beach, with an experience like this.

Pros: food was hot, water was cold, hopefully actually vegan

Cons: dark atmosphere, slow service, food not desirable

Fattening foods, if you're in the mood - Edit

I got deep-fried mushrooms here which were sweet and delicious, but may have been a mistake on a hot day in a hot restaurant. I would like to return here to give a longer, more thorough review, but this place is more than adequate for dropping by and grabbing some takeout.

Yummy Tempura - Edit

We found this place on happycow and thought to give it a try since we were in Long Beach recently. Here's my I Love Vegan review.

It's a big space with rows of booth seating. The decor is basic, and the menu offers the usual Thai foodstuff: noodles, soups, rice, stir frys.

My friend and I got an order of the vegetable tempura, and that was yummy (fried). We also got a fried rice though I think the brown rice made it a bit tough to chew - white rice would have worked better. The third dish we got was a simple noodle soup with glass noodles and vegetables. It was okay.

Our food did take long time to come out of the kitchen though.

Pros: all vegan, many choices, friendly

Cons: slow, not much atmosphere

fast, accommodating, inexpensive - Edit

Friendly and fast with getting the food out. Inexpensive and large portions. There were 8 of us and we tried quite a few different items and loved all of them! Next time we are in town this will defiantly be at the top of our list to return to.

Great Valentine's Day dinner! - Edit

What better place to go on Valentine's Day than a restaurant called I Love Vegan! The restaurant was not crowded and we were seated right away. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our appitizers were delicious, fried tofu and fried wontons. Glass noodle soup and tom yum soup were very tasty. The yellow curry was my favorite. The veggie pad Thai and pineapple fried rice were also good but just a little to sweet for me ( but not for my husband) I will be back! Give this place a try.

Pros: Completely vegan, Fast service, Excellent staff

Cons: Dim lighting

Fresh and yummy in Wrigley neighborhood - Edit

All vegan Thai. The Coconut and Hot and Sour Soups were delicious and we enjoyed the Drumsticks and Spring Rolls as well. The Orange Chicken was good but a bit on the tough side. Service was great and I'll definitely be back.

Pros: All vegan, Good service

Tom Yum Soup order it!!! - Edit

Last night Buttercup decided that Long Beach was the destination and that we needed to try something new. Since we both love Vegan we decided on I Love Vegan.

We were in conflict on the décor I kind of liked the burnt orange walls with the Avocado Green Booths Buttercup thought the colors were horrendous but we both agreed it was too dark in there. The restaurant was nice and quiet, we were the only patrons at 6:30 on a Wednesday.

We started off with the checkin special the 4 season drumsticks. The Sateen was good, but the sauce was really salty. But we ate it, and just made a note to watch our sodium over the next few days and drink more water.

We then ordered the Pad Thai, Fried Tofu, and Tom Yum soup, small - I wanted large, but C said to just get the small because it was too much food. I think she forgets how Awesome Tom Yum soup is.

The Fried Tofu was good, I liked the Sesame seeds on the outer coating and and the sauce was very good, sweet but a good combination with tofu. Next came the Pad Thai. So disappointed, it was incredibly sweet we couldn't eat it. We even tried to just eat the veggies and leave the noodles but the sauce was just too strong, adding chili peppers couldn't even save this Pad Thai. Oh but the Tom Yum Soup saved us. It was excellent!!!! spicy, lemon-grassy, with lots of veggies and tofu, This is worth the drive to pick up to go.

The service was fine, as previously mention we were the only customers. I was a little disappointed when she asked us if we wanted the pad thai boxed up we declined as it was to sweet for our liking, she didn't offer any apology. So I guess they know their pad thai is a sugar bomb and somebody likes it ot they would change it.

But I'm serious about the Tom Yum soup!!!!

Pros: Vegan, Tom Yum soup

Cons: salty, too sweet

Awesome! - Edit

This place is my Long Beach Vegan go to spot! Great food, super clean, and plenty of parking! I was blown away by the freshness and speed at which we got our food! (Generous sized portions also). Absolutely no complaints. Very friendly people working there too. I'm urging you to give them a try. Go Vegan

Pros: excellent , clean, nice

Delicious Mock Meats - Edit

I just stopped by I Love Vegan. it is a medium-sized open plan restaurant with orange walls and minimal decor.

The waiter greeted me when I walked in, and recommended the drunken noodles with the mock beef.

Although the drunked noodles were a tad too greasy for my taste, the dish was tasty, and spiced well. The mock beef was a highlight of the dish. perfectly tender, and did not have an sort of off-taste like many mock beef at other restaurants have.

Remember that you can tell the waiter how spicy you want your dish. i ordered mine medium spicy.

Recommended.

Pros: great vegan beef

Vegan Thai - Edit

Insanely good vegan Thai food! This restaurant is a very polished suite in an otherwise shady-looking strip mall of shops. The servers are all friendly and glad to help you make a menu decision. And if you're like me, you may just need help deciding because everything sounds so good.

My recent favorites: the bubble tea, spring rolls, the yellow curry, the smokey/sweet pad Thai, and (!!!) the ice cream. All of the above are delicious, but the ice cream is mind blowing. Seriously, heed my advice and pump the brakes halfway through your entree, take the rest home with you, and save room for desert. I want to tell your the bizarre ingredients in the ice cream, but I don't want to deter you from ordering it.. so no spoiler alerts here ;) Just be adventurous.

I love I Love Vegan and I see myself returning many times in the near future to try more dishes.

Pros: Vegan bubble tea, Service is extra friendly, Bizarre ice cream

New favorite vegan restaurant in Long Beach! - Edit

Went to Long Beach to check out this new vegan restaurant in Long Beach and it was sooo good! The owner came out to greet us and explain the varied menu. They have a lot of traditional Thai dishes and homemade vegan ice cream too!
LOVE the lettuce wraps and their tofu is very good and made on the premises.
I will be returning and highly recommend I love vegan!

Pros: menu quality & taste, cleanliness, price

Worth the trip! - Edit

I came up from half an hour away just to check out this new Thai place and I was not disappointed. The food, service, and atmosphere all make it a very welcome addition to the local veg*n scene.

The menu offers a diverse assortment of Thai dishes including the standards plus a few less common items. The "mushroom delight," wontons, and drunken noodles were all very good. They also offer several variations on vegan Thai iced tea.

Service was very warm, friendly, and attentive, and even the chef came out to say hello.

Prices are reasonable, and there are special combos on the back page of the menu that offer even more value.

Highly recommended. Enjoy! :-)

Pros: Quality, service, value

Return to Long Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has I Love Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3718 times since Aug 2014.