I Love Cafe

+44-1228596306

Kinmont Barn, Treasury Court, Carlisle, England, CA3 8RF

Serves meat, vegan options available. Aug 2013 reported added meat and is no longer pure veg. Small, relaxed cafe located inside The Purple Lotus Health & Fitness center. Kitchen could make a dish to meet diet request. Offers soups, salads, artisan bread, vegan cake, flapjacks, brownies; drinks include teas, fair trade organic coffee, fresh vegetable and fruit juices, shakes and smoothies. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, British, Non-veg

First Review by DJAlbertFreeman

In the Court of the Crimson King - Edit

Olde Worlde type courtyard setting in a very quaint and pleasant part of the city. Quite a lot of meat free choice, always something vegan including cake. Traditional English tea room atmosphere, spacious wooden decked outside seating for a spot in the sun. Didn't have too much time for a full assessment today but this is my first choice in Carlisle for an Americano with soya milk. This place needs the money more than the branded high street offenders.

Pros: vegan options, soya milk not a problem

Cons: some meat

AMAZING RAW VEGAN MEAL!!! - Edit

I had the most wonderful experience at this lovely little cafe recently. I follow a raw vegan diet and asked in advance if they were able to prepare something, and they were only to accommodating. I arrived with my friend and her two young children and they brought out colouring books and crayons and were so helpful. All our food arrived together including my raw vegan meal -it was amazing!! Lettuce leaf tacos, with marinated beetroot, carrot and onion with a drop of hummus and sides of sour cream and salsa. Also a side dish of zuchinni marinated in gauacamole with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. This was a meal in itself and so tasty. All the food was totally amazing, made with love, thought, innovative and creative. I really can't praise the staff here enough. I travelled from Australia to meet a friend in Carlisle and if I lived anywhere remotely close to this place I would go all the time. Thank you so much for being so accomodating and all round amazing people. You have to visit this place!! 5 stars from me.

Pros: were able to provide a raw vegan meal, Great staff, lovely environment

Cons: No raw cake when I visited, cash only, quite small but cosy

some vegan options. - Edit

The soups are a good bet for being vegan. Just had an excellent home made soup with lentils and pearl barley.

Pros: vegan friendly

Cons: not a huge amount of vegan. options.

I love this place! - Edit

I just visited this cafe for the first time having searched on Happy Cow for vegan places in Carlisle. My parents live nearby and I'm always bummed about not having somewhere nice to go for coffee and cake when I visit. I'd never heard of this place before so was pleasantly surprised when it came up -- finally this town has a vegan cafe!

It's really cool, too -- located in a really sweet little courtyard, so it has a nice outlook. Lots of windows make it light and airy and it's painted in nice bright colours. The furniture etc is all quite basic but it's a cheery little place. The service was really really great -- the bloke who served us was super friendly and chatty and made us feel very welcome.

My parents ordered coffees -- there were cow milk and non dairy options for the milk -- and I had tea with soy milk supplied at no extra cost. We also had a vegan scone each which came with vegan margarine and jam. The scones were delicious and the coffees were apparently great too. We felt able to sit and chat for as long as we wanted, to chill out and enjoy the nice background music :)

I'll definitely be coming back here whenever I visit Carlisle and I'd highly recommend it!

Pros: Yay scones!, Lots of non-dairy drink options, Lovely lovely service

Cons: Quite basic, but cheery, It's a small place so could get busy...

Lovely little cafe - Edit

Really nice little place, run by friendly people who will stop and have a chat. If I was local, I would definitely be a regular.

The menu is limited, because it is only a small cafe, but they do lovely soup and freshly prepared juices, and have a great range of teas.

Pros: friendly, healthy, tasty

Cons: limited menu

Return to Carlisle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has I Love Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.