CLOSED: I Dream of Falafel

• Veg-friendly

331 S. Franklin, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60606

Serves meat, vegan options available. This chain restaurant offers several vegan options. The only meat they have is the Halal meat and they keep it away from the other food items. Location on W Monroe reported closed to HappyCow. APR 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

OK Vegan Platter - Edit

Used to go often but noticed lately the quality just isn't the same. Think the original owners/managers changed. Still tasty though. Love their sweet potato falafels.

Pros: Sweet potato falafels

Love It! - Edit

This review is for Franklin St location. Loved it. Great location that's right by Sears Tower (I still can't call it the Willis Tower). Clean, modern inside. Simple menu.

I've been lucky to have had some really good falafel from all kinds of places in my life. This was up there, though not the best ever. But what puts them into my all time favorite falafel joint category is that they have a sign in front that says "vegan friendly". That goes a long way in my book. If I worked nearby, I'd come here all the time.

good falafel joint downtown - Edit

I work downtown, so I frequent this place. It's actually really good...the falafel doesn't stand up against sultan's market (but who's actually does, really?) but the portions are huge, the salads are nice and the service is fast and relatively friendly.

Teh vegan platter is a hefty portion of falafel, jerusalem salad (large cous cous salad), babganoush (which I switch out for tabouli), hummus (nice and creamy)and pickled and raw veggies of your choice, along with a large selection of saues and served with warm pita bread.

The whole thing comes kind of slopped togetehr on a plate, which is a bit of a turn-off, and kind of defeats the purpose of having huge platters. the whole thing turns to mush if you don't eat it right away, making the leftovers even less appealing.

Pros: fast & they let you make substitutions, lunch card - 11th lunch is free!, good food

Cons: sloppy presentation, servings are too big

Great vegan lunch and best falafel in the city! - Edit

I Dream of Falafel is my FAVORITE place for falafel and it's also my favorite place to eat for lunch. I would eat it for dinner, but I practically eat here 3 times a week during my lunch break, so I definitely get my fill.

What I like about this place is that they really value vegan customers and other customer needs. They have LCD TV's inside and (facing) outside that says 'several vegan options available'. I love the falafel roll, but the thing I get on a regular basis is the vegan lentil soup, it's the best! There are several other vegan options too, but those two are by far my favorite.

IDOF isn't the typical Mediterranean place either, it's clean, hip, and filled with friendly staff. If you go during the lunch hour expect to see a long line, but don't worry, it goes fast. If you're near the Sears/Willis tower, be sure to check out their other location on Franklin.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: I Dream of Falafel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1720 times since Aug 2010.