First Review by Kyttiara

beautiful little cakes - Edit

This place is so sweet with the nicest staff. The cakes are delicious and beautiful - it feels like a real treat. Between my friend and I we tried 5 cakes... my personal favourite was the apfel streusel. Amazing. The coffee is great too. It's pricey but it's mostly raw and the place is a bit fancy, so I think it's justified

Pros: delicious cakes, looks pretty, nice staff and decor

Cons: price

Out of this world!! Give it a try! - Edit

I was really curious to discover this whole new pastry shop in Berlin Prenzlauerberg, that offers a wide range of 100% vegan and organic pastries. The place is super cosy, well decorated, minimalist and very cute. The tenant of the place is an adorable woman who is very talented and kind, and she took the time to explain about the products she makes herself and sells here. She is passionate about it and you can definitely taste it!
The pastries are absolutely fantastic. Probably among the best vegan pastries I've ever had. Not too sweet, very well balanced, full of flavors, with very simple and clean ingredients, they are definitely among my worldwide top 3 when it comes to vegan bakery. I had a Apple Streusel, a Mohn Kuchen (pastry made with poppy seeds mixed into a paste) and a mini raw lemon cake.
First, the crust (shortcake type) of the tartelette was perfect: the texture, the taste, it is made of spelt flour with vegan butter and raw sugar cane. All ingredients are displayed both in the shop and on their website, which I find very clever and transparent.
The apple tart was delish, the apple very well cooked and so was the Mohn Kuchen: the creme on top was perfect, with some lemon zests.
The raw lemon cake was very well balanced, the crust was neither to thin or too thick as you would sometimes have in raw bakery. Neither did I find the mix (made of cashew, lemon, agar agar...) to filling, quite the opposite actually, as it was really light and delicate.
I had a chaï latte with almond and rice milk which was also super good (the chaï is made of real tea which is definitely a BIG PLUS!)
I definitely recommend this place if you want to have a true taste experience! As a french person, it can be difficult to find a really satisfying bakery and this is definitely a highlight in Berlin!
Give it a try! You can also order cakes and tarts from the shop. be careful: You can come by during the week but they are not officially open (they bake and can take orders but the café only opens during week-ends).
Pauline, Ambassador for Berlin

Pros: fantastic tasty and beautiful pastries & drinks, fresh and organic products + cosy, luminous space, great tenant, great vibes

Cons: no toilets

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has I Am Delicious closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.