Hut K Chaat

Contact 734-786-8312

3022 Packard Rd (at Platt Rd), Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, 48105

Around half of the menu is vegan, and allergy information is listed. Also operates an Indian food cart in Ann Arbor. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Organic, Take-out

First Review by deathgrowl

Great food, friendly service - Edit

We tried the Shanu chaat and the corn spinach pizza on roti - both were very tasty! Love their philosophy and their efforts to provide wholesome plant-based meals. We registered on their website and got a coupon for a free Power of 7 smoothie which was really good!

Pros: nice service from owner's nephew, perfect quantity

Cons: atmosphere is totally lacking 😊

I'd eat here every day if I could - Edit

This place is AMAZING! I crave it. All the chaats I've tried have been delicious. They list items that are gluten free and/or vegan on the menu. If you ask, they can help you make additional menu items gluten free. You also get to choose your level of spice.

I can't vouch for the wraps - I haven't tried them.

You will not find Indian food like this anywhere else. The flavors are very reminiscent of their traditional namesakes, but virtually guilt free.

Pros: Vegan options clearly marked, Optional gluten-free items, Healthy!

Perfectly Seasoned - Edit

I first tried their food on a food truck. It was so good that I decided to visit the restaurant. I was pleased both times. I had the samosa and and another dish. Both were good. My only complaint is that service both times was a bit slow but as long as the food is good, I don't really mind. The only other issue is that they could add just a bit more food. I know its healthy and the point is not to stuff customers but just 2-3 more bites of food will at least leave one feeling satisfied. My favorite thing about the food is that you can actually taste the herbs and seasonings rather than grease.

Pros: Seasoned very well, vegan options

Cons: slow, small portions

Good Healthy Different - Edit

This food makes you feel good afterwards! A delicious, healthy, non-fried samosa wrap the size of a burrito?! Count me in! Owner is a friendly former UofM oncologist that researched nutrition in relation to cancer and created these feel-good recipes out of a desire to share true health with everyone... fun guy to talk to. Many of the dishes have similar styles and ingredients, but it's still fun to sample all. A bit out of the way from downtown but they also have a cart at Mark's Carts on Washington St. Atmosphere is not what they're going for - it's not really a date place, just fast casual style, and the food comes pretty quickly.

Pros: Healthy, Delicious

Cons: Not Much Variety

Return to Ann Arbor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hut K Chaat closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3030 times since Sep 2011.