First Review by KPike

Cheap and authentic Vietnamese Vegan Food - Edit

Myself and some friends had lunch at this place after visiting the mural village nearby. We probably wouldn't have found it without the HappyCow listing as Tam Ky isn't an easy town to navigate. The owner/lady serving us was very jolly and had a laugh at our attempts to speak Vietnamese! We choose a selection of dishes from the counter; Vegan Chicken rice, spring rolls, vegan beef 'la lot' (beef wrapped in lime leaf),rice noodles with veg and tofu; okra, and morning glory. All of this was accompanied by a huge bowl of rice and a big bowl of soup. It was really good, particularly the vegan chicken rice and the vegan beef 'la lot'. One of our group was a vegetarian from Australia who said he disliked mock meat; he hadn't tried it in Vietnam before though and changed his mind after this meal!
From memory I think it only cost about 150,000 for all of this food; split between 5 it was a lot of food for very little money. Don't bother going to Tam Ky just to eat here, but do combine it with a trip to the Mural Village and the nearby Cham ruins (not My Son, just two Cham towers).

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-07

Pros: Great food, Cheap, Friendly owner

Cons: Staff don't speak English, No menu - just point at what you want

Return to Tam Ky Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Huong Thien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.