First Review by veganvirtues

ok - Edit

Veg cafe with clean indoor seating. The menu has English translations though we found some of it confusing - although the cafe signage all says vegan some of the translations mention non-vegan food, but those could be mock versions of fish sauce, egg etc. ...
We tried tofu in tamarind sauce and a mock pork dish with rice which were both good.
Large portions and low prices.
It's so near Thuy you can't help but compare them and, like other reviewers, we did prefer Thuy. If your time is limited try Thuy instead.

Pretty dead - Edit

It's just a couple doors down from Thuy vegan restaurant but way less busy. Usually only one or two customers.
Fare is ok. I tried the rice (com that cam) and it came with mainly boiled veggies.

Pros: Quiet, Cheap, Generous portions

Cons: Not vibrant

Tasty food - Edit

We went there thanks to a vegetarian local girl who recommended it to us. Even though we were not sure of what we ordered, the three dishes we had were perfectly perfect. Full of flavors, very different from each other and well served. The service was great.

Love this place! - Edit

My fiance and I love this restaurant! I love being able to get simple boiled veggies and rice. My fiance really likes the Mi Quang, the Thailand Fried Rice, and the Three Stewed Mushrooms. The staff is very friendly. There is no meat served at this restaurant and the menu says "vegan."

Pros: Food, Price, Friendly staff

Good food - Edit

The food here is great and its very cheap. The menu is very hard to understand eventhough its in English but we ordered some different plates and the fried aubergine was great. I also liked the vietnamese hot pot that some ladies next to us let us try. It was a bit strong and sweet with pineapple inside. The waitor spoke no English at all but we managed by pointing and showing with our hands. Supposingly completely vegan this place but the menu and names confuse you. I recommend coming here. All veggies are fresh as everywhere and they have some kind of lotus milk that we wanted to try but they were out of it. Next time I will try it. :)

Pros: Nice and tasty food

Cons: Confusing menu

Recommended - Edit

We initially wanted to go to another restaurant but when we arrived it was closed. The taxi driver then recommended this one so we went here.

The menu is a bit confusing as the English translations say things like "fried chicken" or "beef soup". However, the owner reassured us that the menu is all vegan.

The food was great, especially liked the sauteed ocra. Also very inexpensive.

Pros: inexpensive

Cons: slightly confusing menu

nice tofu - Edit

There are definitely cheaper and better places in town, but what I do like is that they have some nice tofu dishes whereas most veg restaurants in town seem to use mock meats.

Pros: English menu

Good, but there's better - Edit

This is a 100% vegan restaurant. The meats are "mock meats". It seems as if it may not be because the menu doesn't say that. If you go on a day when there are no English speakers around there may be misunderstandings. I spoke with the owner and was assured that they were vegan. The food was good but a little salty for my taste. The prices were reasonable. The space is clean but lacking in atmosphere. For me, they were totally eclipsed by Thuy up the street.

Pros: good food, reasonable prices

Cons: a little salty

not vegan! - Edit

Unfortunately, this restaurant is not vegan: On the menue they write it is a "vegetarian restaurant" and they serve dishes with fish sauce. Moreocer, they serve chicken dishes - of which I am not sure if it is real or vegan chicken.
The food was good but nothing special. The waiters are not very friendly and the place is clean but not very cozy in my eyes.

Cons: not vegan

Good Option In DaNang - Edit

Arrived at 845pm and several menu options were sold out. Lotus seed soup was good but not all ingredients are declared which is a common problem. The fresh spring rolls were great with an alternative to soya sauce (due to allergy). Morning glory and mushroom in a clay pot were both very tasty. Rice was served on an open plate and was clumpy and not great. Spoken English not very good but I have ample menu vietnamese so this was not a major problem for us. Decor is good and the restaurant itself it inviting......price was very cheap with 170k for 2 people....or about usd 8.50. We will return for sure.

Pros: Menu In ENGLISH, Many Options, Inviting Restaurant

Cons: Availability of Menu Options, Spoken English

Best mi quang chay in DN - Edit

This is a great place! Their mi quang is awesome (20k vnd, $1). My second favorite dish is Goi Hoang Khach, which has delicious sauteed mushrooms over a bed of mint and greens. The entire menu is translated into English with pictures, so it's easy to order for foreigners. The coffee from next door is also better than average. Last, but not least, they deliver!

Pros: extensive menu with pictures and transla, delicious

Huong Khach - Edit

This place is one of the best here, Fresh vegetables such as Okra, green beans, mushrooms. Their rice cooked in claypot a must.Drinks from 19,000vnd.

Pros: good selection of fresh vegetables, rice cooked in clay pot

Cons: service

Return to Da Nang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Huong Khach closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.