First Review by Michael99

Great food! - Edit

This place has really improved under the new management and chef, really good imaginative food, good choice and beautifully cooked too (including properly spicy options-a rare thing in many vegetarian places). With a main plus cake and tea coming to £8 or so it's great value too. I've just been twice in a few days and the food & service was really great both times. I'll have to get to Newport more often.

Pros: Beautiful food, Great choice&value, Friendly, fast service

Delicious food, good value - Edit

Hunky Dory is just a couple of minutes walk from the main shopping area of Newport. We found it by accident by spotting a sign in the street - and we were very glad that we did. The menu goes beyond normal coffee shop fare, and includes cooked breakfasts and lunches (all veggie/vegan), as well as the usual sandwiches, snacks, and a range of very tempting cakes. There is a standard menu, plus a daily menu that changes according to what veggies are in season and locally available. The staff were very friendly and knew the ingredients of the dishes without having to check with the kitchen. The food was delicious - both my partner's mixed fresh salad and my bagel with cream cheese and veggie chorizo. A free coffee top-up was a bonus, especially as it was only 1 pound a cup to start with. We wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly and knowledgeable staff

Return to Newport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Hunky Dory Vegetarian Coffee Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 353 times since Aug 2007.