CLOSED: Hummus Place - East Village

• Vegetarian

Contact 212-529-9198

109 St. Marks Pl (at 1st, East Village, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10009

Kosher hummus cafe with several NYC locations. Small menu. Reported closed to HappyCow, Apr 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Delivery, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Kosher, Israeli

First Review by AndrewL

Great hummus restaurant - my favorite in NYC! - Edit

CT resident here, but I've eaten at Hummus Place and this location specifically at least a dozen times. It is my go-to affordable & reliably delicious dinner in NYC, if I'm anywhere in the vicinity. Eaten there with a party of 4, we all left totally stuffed for $70 including 20% tip! And got to enjoy like 10 different dishes on the table, highly satisfying.

Hummus Place has several locations. This one is lovely and full of character. The food is delicious and almost all of it is vegan. Authentic Israelis have told me they love the food here too, so I take that as a solid endorsement. I've loved all the food I've eaten here - even simple things like cold vegetable salads are perfectly made and lovely to eat.

Dunno about this guy below accusing them of crumbling hummus?! I've never had one complaint about the hummus. Try the one with fava beans on top (minus the egg) - so great! Wish I could go there right now.

Pros: very cheap, super delicious

Cons: somewhat cramped seating

pretty good - Edit

i came here with my brother. we had two appetizers, falafel and eggplant. and two hummus dishes, the mushroom and the tahini. we also had an israeli wine, but i can't remember which one. i can't say that this is the best hummus i've ever had. but i can say that in nyc really good hummus is hard to come by. the hummus and the falafel were pretty good.

Hummus mecca - Edit

How am I the first person to review this place? The hummus is great. Haven't tried the other items and don't really need to, honestly, since the hummus platters are filling and very tasty. Be adventurous and try all the varieties.

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Hummus Place - East Village closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1047 times since Aug 2007.