Hummus Bros Soho

Contact 020-7734-1311

88 Wardour St (at Picadilly Circus Underground Station), London, England, W1F 0TJ

Serves meat, vegan options available. UK's first hummus bar serving in-house-made hummus as a base, with your choice of topping, mostly vegan, including chickpeas, fava beans, vegetable salads, mushrooms or guacamole, served with warm pita bread. Gluten free pita bread available. Also serves salads, juices, teas and coffee. No vegan desserts. Free Wi-fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by sixjaw

Two thumbs up! - Edit

Hummus Bros is the perfect spot for some quick takeaway! I got a yummy hummus bowl with falafel and was a happy camper. Even though this place is known for their hummus, I was extremely pleased with their falafel. It was delicious and just what I needed for some added energy! :)

Pros: Delicious food, Quick service, Friendly staff

Cons: Confusing hours

Good - Edit

Good enough concept and nice Hummus topped with lots of different options.
However it is a little over priced for the amount of food you get and there are not many vegan options.

Pros: nice hummus , central location

Cons: over priced , not many options

Wow! - Edit

A simple idea, but what a realization!

First of all, they really know how to make hummus. It's delicious, filling, not too oily. Toppings and pittas are also really yummy. I had it with mushrooms and my friend (who is not a vegetarian) ordered a version with chicken. We both loved it.

All the options come in two sizes, the small one is already quite satisfying.

They've had some really clever ideas, e.g. you add garlic on your own, depending on your personal taste. You can also ask for a low-fat version of hummus if you want it less oily.

The staff are really friendly and helpful, the place itself has a really cool atmosphere.

All in all - a great place to eat, especially if you're crazy about hummus, like I am ;)

Pros: great food, filling and wholesome, many varieties too choose from

BEST HUMMUS EVER! - Edit

This place was amazing - much nicer than I expected and with table service. I got the hummus with guacamole and chickpeas. Best guacamole - so flavoursome! The staff were great, knew what was vegan and gave us some falafel on the house. My partner had hummus with guacamole and veggie salad which was also really good. Comes with fresh brown pitta bread which is warm and SOOO good. Highly recommended!

Pros: They know what is vegan, Great hummus and guacamole

Great every time! - Edit

Who would think that a restaurant made of hummus could be so amazing? Not me, but I was pleasantly shocked to discover that it is SO GOOD! Hummus Bros is one of my favourite places to eat.

The staff are incredible, I've never met a grumpy or rude server there. I have, however, received a free fresh mint tea or two because they are all so kind, and so friendly.

They have a few meat dishes (I guess nobody is perfect), but lots of veggie/vegan stuff, and their hummus is hands down the best I've ever tasted. Their guacamole is, I think, made of unicorns and heaven; you can't even comprehend how great it will be - just try it.

The only negatives are that there are no vegan desserts (despite the menu stating that their desserts "cater for everyone"), and the birthday deal is misleading - on the menu it says "eat free on your birthday", but when we went it turned out to be only a free dessert. However, my boyfriend says the only negative thing about Hummus Bros is that he doesn't live there. For goodness' sake, do your mouth and belly a favour and go eat at Hummus Bros.

I would give five stars, but cannot as the max stars for a non-vegetarian restaurant is four. Know in your heart that I wanted to give it five.

Pros: Best hummus ever!, Amazing staff

Cons: No vegan desserts, Birthday deal unclear

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hummus Bros Soho closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3995 times since Dec 2011.