Hummus Bar - Oktober

Contact +361-3540108

V. ker. Október 6. str. 19, Budapest, Hungary, 1051

Serves meat, vegan options available. This hummus bar restaurant is the largest in the chain. A significant part of the menu is vegan. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by hanadesu

Best falafel, best food - Edit

Visited the place a few times already, they have the BEST falafel (it is their wifi password too lol) and beautiful hummus and they do home made chips, a must visit place!!!!

Pros: food, location, price

Cons: you cant eat enough, too good, you will always miss going back here :)

yummy Yummy - Edit

I love arabic food, and this cafè was an excellent cheap choice for dinner in the centre of Budapest. The falafel and the bread were home made and were absolutely excellent!
Great quick and cheap choice!

Pros: Delicious, Cheap

Cons: Few outdoor tables

Loved it! - Edit

I went to this hummus bar in december, while on a short stay in Budapest. I have to tell you that I was amazed!
I was greeted with hot tea and after that I ordered the normal hummus and falafel plate. The falafel were crunchy and the hummus was smooth as hell! Really one of the best hummuses I've ever eaten. The prices were great for such excellent food. I'll definitely be returning when I'm in Budapest the next time.
The only thing is... I don't really like the fact that they also sell a lot of meaty foods. It would be excellent if the hummus bar were completely vegan. What a dream!

Pros: Amazing hummus, tasty falafel, great price

Cons: Not vegan (serves also meat)

Excellent hummus and falafel - Edit

This branch of Hummus Bar serves meat, but it's conveniently located and has delicious vegan options. The hummus was great, the falafel was good and crunchy and the bread was huge and delicious. I'd go back again if I could!

Veggie and Vegan options - Edit

Amazing food:) Hummus, falafel, flatbread, what more could you ask for?:)
We visited Hummus bar twice during our city break in Budapest. Vegetarian and Vegan options.

Pros: Lots of veggie and vegan options, Very reasonably priced

Leckeres Essen, tolle Lage - Edit

Die Hummus Bar befindet sich sehr zentral zwischen der St-Stephans-Basilika und dem Parlament, daher eignet sie sich gut für einen Zwischenstopp bei einer Stadtbesichtigung.
Das Essen war sehr gut, die Falafel knusprig, der Hummus cremig und das Gemüse frisch. Angeboten werden auch selbstgemachte Pommes.
Für etwa 5 € wird man satt.

Pros: Lage, Leckeres Essen

Cons: Mittags recht voll

falafel heaven - Edit

super relaxed place with fantastic staff. everybody speaks English, the dishes are cheap and the portion sizes are big. you get a shot of home-made lemonade when you arrive. we loved it. I had the falafel main with two sides and a falafel wrap on another occasion - both great. falafels are a bit over fried at times but still good - the hummus makes up for it ;)

Pros: cheap & plentiful, friendly staff, fast arrival food

Cons: it is fast, deep fried food

Just delicious - Edit

Went here after having visited the synagogue of Budapest, just few meters from Hummus Bar.
I was welcomed by a very nice waiter and felt immediately comfortable in there. The guest area is divided in 2 levels and nicely decorated, with cool quotes written on the wall.
I sat down, another nice waitress came, brought me the menue and a free mint tea. I ordered a home-made lemonade and the Falafel main dish. This includes Falafel, 2 fresh and warm Pita bread and then one can chose 2 side dishes from Hummus, salad, rice or...some other option. I took Hummus and salad. I was in Falafel-Hummus-heaven and superfull afterwards. Nonetheless I ordered a Baklava as dessert - also very nice and came with coconut flakes on top (never had it like this before, but was really tasty).

I can only recommend going there :)

Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 11, 2015

Pros: nice service, delicious food, welcoming atmosphere

Set the Chickpea Free - Edit

Great portions of tasty falafels and fresh salad fillings in our falafel sandwiches. A really busy popular place with informal seating and complementary mint tea on arrival. Fab value.

Get yourself here!

Pros: Great value, Freshly prepared food, Good portions

Great hummus!! - Edit

As one would expect, this place had fantastic hummus! We came here for dinner and ordered fava bean hummus, couscous soup, and a carrot salad to share for dinner. The meal was great and not very expensive at all! (That plus 2 beers was about $13 USD!) The staff was very friendly and gave us a small glass of their homemade lemonade upon arrival at the restaurant. Had outdoor seating and was a very easy walk from our hostel near St. Stephens. Would definitely go back!

Good food, big portions, little price - Edit

Only tried the hummus, which was very good, so were the falafel balls in it. The staff is friendly and the price is more than reasonable for the quality and size of the portions.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Big portions

excellent - Edit

came back 3 times (as a tourist for 3 days) and tasted different meals.
went to several of these al around the city… would come back!

Pros: delicious, quick, cheap + student discount, nice staff!!!

great falafel sandwich but rude staff - Edit

Great place to get a falafel sandwich for under $3 but one of the guys here was quite rude to me for reasons unknown.. maybe he was having a bad day? No idea what happened but boy did I catch some attitude. Well it is what it is. Next time I'll hit a different location and just do take out. Four stars for food, 1 for staff. Three overall.

Pros: hummus, falafel, inexpensive

Cons: rude staff

veg and non-veg chain widely spread in the city - Edit

very nice middle east food : this chain has got 6 cafes in the city which 2 are vegetarians: alkotmany utca 20 and hollan erno utca 6

Pros: very nice food, unexpensive

Cons: the offers doesn t change

favorite hummus bar - Edit

This was my favorite hummus bar in Budapest. We came in after a long walk in the cold and were greated with free small cups of delicious warm mint tea. There are plenty of tables and especially the room in the back looked very comfortable and cozy. I had a falafel sandwich which was fresh and yummy. My husband had their shakshuka hummus plate which was SOOO delicious that I wanted to steal it from him.

Pros: shakshuka hummus plate, welcome with warm tea, friendly staff

Return to Budapest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hummus Bar - Oktober closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2945 times since Sep 2011.