Hummus & Friends

Contact +493055471454

Oramienburger strasse 27, Berlin, Germany,

Located near the synagogue and Alexanderplatz. Bohemian-feeling restaurant serving vegetarian and vegan dishes. Menu in German and English. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 9:30am-12:00am.

Category: Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by skyminator

A tasty experience - Edit

The atmosphere is pretty nice and the food is fresh and tasty. Don't hesitate to push the door if you're in the area ;-) and be careful, not everything is vegan! Have a look at the menu before ;-)

Pros: original hummus, fresh food

Cons: pricey, service can be improved

Yeah no - Edit

This place is one of those that exists everywhere, it offers hummus bowls with pita-bread. As mentioned everything is not vegan.

I happend on this place as I was walking around Berlin waiting for check-in time at my hotel-room, otherwise I would not have gone there and I will not come back.

The food tastes like this kind of food does, e.g not supergood hummus (I promise the one you do at home will taste better).

The portion size is not big and the price is high for what you get. The best part of the food was the pickled cucumber... (It feels tourist trappy)

I would set this place at the low average, and as Berlin is filled with amazing vegan food there is no reason to go here if you have time to go somewhere else.

Pros: Vegan options, Pickled cucumber

Cons: Price, Portion-size

Yummy, filling, inexpensive - Edit

Great food. Hummus, fava beans, quinoa with zucchini, roasted beets/potatoes/sweet potatoes, cauliflower were all excellent. Service is slow but friendly, and the food itself comes quickly.

However, this is NOT a vegan restaurant. One hummus bowl on the menu comes with boiled egg, and I saw someone order it. Some desserts also seemed to have dairy. Overall still a wonderful vegetarian restaurant with many vegan options. Beautiful wood furniture. Very inexpensive for hearty portions.

Pros: affordable, lots of vegetables, nice decor

Cons: no whole wheat pitas available, no gluten-free pitas either, just white bread, not vegan, just vegetarian

best - Edit

The tastiest, freshest vegan food. Definitely not fast and not the friendliest establishment but their selection and the portions are great. The only vegan in Berlin I'd go back any day. Worth the price. Plus, the interior is not trashy like so many others.

Pros: taste, variety, design

Cons: staff

it's a touri/buisness place - Edit

So if you're on a congress at kalkscheune (or some other congress centers in this area) and you just need sth vegan to eat immediately (you don't have one minute more to waste) it's the best choice you have...otherwise you should take another place (in my opinion)
1. for that what you get it's really expensive
2. the hummus in some other places (e.g zula) tastes a lot better (my personal opinion) and you get nothing to adjust the hummus to your own taste e.g. no extra spicy chili pesto, no lemon/garlic water and no salty olives (at the olives I'm not really sure)
3. the label suggests that hummus & friends is an old well-known company from israel which was created 1983. I've asked some israelis - nobody knows the brand "hummus & friends"

So if you're at the oranienburger street and you're really in hurry it's a good place...otherwise i would take 10minutes more and choose a vegan restaurante which is quite better.

Just to notice: I've only tasted one hummus about the other things I can't say anything but in my opinion hummus should be there sellingpoint ;)

Pros: It's central

Cons: expensive, heartless

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hummus & Friends closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 534 times since Jul 2016.