Hummus Amamamusi

Contact +48-533306288

Ul. Meiselsa 4., Krakow, Poland, 31-062

Small vegetarian place with internet access. Serves a variety of hummus as well chickpea-chocolate cake and chickpea chops. Previously located at Augustianska 3. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Israeli

First Review by Kybev

Good food, not-so-good environment - Edit

First off, yes, the food was very delicious! We really enjoyed the hummus, although I found the soup quite bland. The addition of a boiled egg was an interesting idea. I'm not sure what to do with the big chunks of raw onion, though. The serving of hummus was too much, but the bread was very nice.

It is not at all friendly for families. There is no way to sit more than 2 people together, and the restaurant is very tiny, with only tall bar stools. They have no bathroom but will direct you to a cafe around the corner where they charge to use a pretty dodgy little stall. During our stay, while the servers were pleasant, they did not remember to deliver drinks (we weren't charged), and were frequently leaning over our food to give take-out orders. I don't think this was their fault; it's just too small to be both a shop and a restaurant, and I would actually recommend that they just put in a display case with desserts and take-out and skip the idea of being an eat-in shop altogether. The food was great and I would recommend it for takeaway only, especially if you have kids with you.

Pros: Pickles, bread, boiled egg

Cons: A little expensive for the ambience, Harried, hurried, cramped, No bathroom

Best hummus in Cracow (or even Poland!) - Edit

I really, really love Hummus Amamamusi and I mean it when I say it's probably the best hummus I ever had in Poland. The place itself may seem pretty inconspicuous, since it's small and there's not a lot of seating area, but the hummus there is just godly. You can choose to eat inside (in the historical Kazimierz district), as they offer hummus with bread (and a selection of soups), or order takeaway. Their hummus is simply mouthwatering; except for the classical option (yummy!), they also offer hummus with different ingredients, many of them seasonal, like pumpkin, chilli or tomatoes. It's a lot of fun to try different kinds of them and find your favourite! Whether you're a lover of hummus or just like to eat it from time to time, do yourself a favour and visit this place. You won't regret it!

Pros: best hummus in the city

Cons: small seating area

So good! - Edit

They make the best hummus in Kraków, You have to try it!
The only pity is that the place is really small, so it's best for quick lunch or takeaway.
Big variety of flavours of hummus, yummy bread and good wine.
Prices are accurate to quality.
Good location, near Kazimierz District.

Pros: excellent hummus, location, good value

Cons: small space

Loved it - Edit

I've been here several times and I can never get enough of the hummus. I lived in Israel so it's been really hard to find hummus that lives up to that standard...enter Hummus Amamamusi. The owner goes to Israel almost five times a year to learn the art of making hummus, and it pays off. There's lots of different options for flavours as well. The only sad part is that there are no tables...you sit at the bar and he makes everything in front of you. So it's best not to take a huge group with you if you want to be able to talk to each other.

Great hummus and fresh ingredients - Edit

We went for the hummus with sun-dried tomatoes and egg and it was really tasty! It came with a basket of bread and a selection of fresh vegetables to dip which was prepared right in front of us. Finally,you can either eat in (if there's room!) or take away.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Great variety of flavours

Cons: Not very friendly staff, No toilet

Best Hummus in PL so far! - Edit

Very nice place, full of good people and food. I love near east dishes and I ate hummus at some places but this one rocks! I took plain Hummus with dry tomatoes and fresh vegetables, it was heaven in my mouth! I highly recommend you to try their Hummus if you are in Krakow. ;)

Pros: all fresh, good vibe, 'art food'

Really great Hummus - Edit

Went here today. Was a tiny place with only a few seats. I really enjoyed the hummus with vegetables and breads, while the owner made fresh hummus and chatted to us about his process. They also do takeaway hummus in classic and many other flavors. Inexpensive. Definitely recommend!

Return to Krakow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hummus Amamamusi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1779 times since Jun 2014.