CLOSED: Humboldt Healthy Foods

Contact 707-725-7911

939 Main St, Fortuna, California, USA, 95540

Vegan grocery store with an vegan deli inside. Offers panini sandwiches, tempeh reuben, daily soups, smoothies, fresh juice, and more. 2015 REPLACED BY Real Food Grocer Cafe.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Kumquat

Good, but a bit expensive - Edit

The first thing to say about this place is that it is indeed actually in Fortuna, not Ferndale. The Happy Cow Android app pointed me at the latter, not the former.

A second thing to say is that it is a deli, albeit one that could probably use its floor space better, stocking more items. That said, while the mushroom sandwich I had (I forget what they call it on their menu) was satisfying in every way, and came with a salad, the prices seem a bit high. This is, after all, a deli.

Still, for what one would expect to be a relatively slow time of day, the place seemed to have decent traffic. There is, it seems, a market for vegan food in Fortuna, which is certainly good news. And I think the idea of a 'vegan store' is a good one; it doesn't take long to tire of peering at ingredient labels and wondering what some ingredients even are.

Pros: good food, decent deli selection on menu, easy on-street parking

Cons: no wifi, needs to stock more items, a bit expensive

Awesome sandwiches! - Edit

Best sandwich I've had in a decade. Can't believe this is in Fortuna. The three of us got three different sandwiches and all of them were excellent. Local, gluten-free buns available. GF doughnuts were in the bakery case! You must stop here. The store was cute, but not well-stocked on the day we visited. Some areas looked like they were getting ready for stock, so might just be in the growing process. Don't stop here if you're in a hurry. Sandwiches were made one at a time. Definitely worth the wait for us, though! We are already planning when we can stop in again.

Pros: Delicious , All vegan, Gluten-free bread option

Cons: Slow, In Fortuna, ha ha

Has CLOSED: Humboldt Healthy Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1116 times since Nov 2013.