Humani-T Cafe - North End

902-454-9999

5755 Young St (at North End), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, NS B3K 1Z9

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tea room and cafe. Has vegan gelato, energy bars, vegan shakes, wrap, and soups. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Canadian, Non-veg

First Review by QuothTheRaven

Tasty lunch meals - Edit

This is my family's first choice for lunch nearest our home in Halifax. There are a number of sandwiches to choose from. (There are meat options since this is not a veggie café.) My children are not vegan so they enjoy the tomato and Brie panini the best. The veggie samosa is large and very tasty, plus it comes with a dipping sauce. I have always been pleased with their soups, often both daily soups are meatless. Always double check the broth used of course. There are salads made with all sorts of fresh ingredients, not just lettuce. There is water to enjoy in a jug where you serve yourself.
We prefer to sit upstairs where there is always some local art displayed for sale and plenty of natural light. This is a lovely little café to enjoy a tasty lunch and delicious coffee whenever you are in the Hydrostone.

Pros: plenty of options, meatless soups, atmosphere/ location

Cons: lunch options only

Love their cranberry muffins! - Edit

Humani-T Cafe is a neat place. It has a health food store attached and an art gallery upstairs where you can relax and enjoy your food.

Service is sometimes a little slow, but the food more than make up for it. They have quite a variety of vegan baked goods, food and beverages. I love their cranberry muffins and have had their spicy veggie wrap, nutty date squares and soy gelato. They offer sorbetto too and can make "ice cream cakes" out of any flavour of gelato.

Pros: plenty of vegan options, attached health food store, great atmosphere

Cons: slow service

Amazing - Edit

I went into Humani-T more to check out the natural products section but was blown away by the amount of vegan selection they had. Muffins, gelato, sorbetto, wraps and more. The girl who served us was incredibly kind and helpful. My husband and I both got some vegan gelato. It was so delicious!

Pros: Lots of vegan, Friendly

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Humani-T Cafe - North End closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.