Humani-T Cafe - Downtown

Contact 902-425-9535

1451 S Park St Ste 103 (at downtown), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3J OB6

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tea room and cafe. Has vegan gelato, energy bars, vegan shakes, wrap, and soups. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Canadian, Non-veg

First Review by QuothTheRaven

Gelato! - Edit

Another update for Humani-T. We've had a shaky past but overall I have to say I have nothing but love for this place.

This update is simply to praise your amazing staff!

I ordered a vanilla almond milk latte and being inexperienced in this category, I didn't end up liking it. I felt bad about wanting to return it or anything but my friend spoke up and asked the sweet server who came by and he was more than willing to make me something else. He even took the time to try and figure out what I might like more. Just so impressed that he was even willing to replace my drink and be so sweet about it. I see him in there all the time and thanked him before I left but just wanted to say how much he made my day. Big thanks to him! :D

P.S. the vegan panini is amazing, I tried a bite of my friends and omg!

This location is much larger than the other. It's decorated nice and has a great atmosphere. The display cases are jam packed and all vegan options are marked. They have these delicious looking chocolate truffles that I am desperate to try but the food is a bit lacking in the vegan department. They have a spicy vegan wrap and samosas which are virtually identical besides the casing. They do offer all vegan soups as well. Unfortunately, I am a little fussy and not really a soup person nor a fan of Indian food aka curry, so my choices were basically gone. I ended up deciding to try the wrap but didn't like it because of the curry. Hubby took it home to eat later. But honestly, I'd go here just for the vegan gelato. They had 6 vegan choices today and it was hard deciding. I went for the Very Berry Chocolate and my husband got the Banana Peanut Butter. We ended up switching half way through because I didn't like the amount of seeds in mine but the chocolate part was incredible. So, I'd recommend this place for dessert but not so much for the food itself. It's also pretty expensive for what you get. Twenty-eight dollars for 2 wraps, a soup and 2 root beer.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 15, 2014

Updated from previous review on Sunday September 28, 2014

Updated from previous review on Monday April 11, 2016

Pros: Vegan gelato, Vegan options, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Pricey

Contributions +73

Favorite Cafe - Edit

By far my favorite place to sit and drink coffee, enjoy a vegan treat, or vegan soup. I love the atmosphere here and the setup. The staff is very friendly and the service is amazing. All of their soups are vegan and all the ones I've tried so far are amazingly delicious. They have vegan gelato as well as some vegan desserts, such as chocolate cake and truffles. They are also able to make vegan milkshakes.

Pros: Atmosphere, Vegan options, Gelato/soups

Cons: Would like even more vegan food options

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Humani-T Cafe - Downtown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 904 times since May 2013.