CLOSED: Hugo's Tacos - Woodland Hills

818-222-7700

22941 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, California, USA, 91364

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of the Hugo's brand, this is a walk-up, quick service eatery offering tacos, burritos, quesadilla, and bowls. Vegans could choose soy chorizo or just rice & bean filling and omit cheese. Ask if this location offers vegan soft serve. Reported closed, Jul 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by bejeweled88

THEY'RE PERFECT. - Edit

One of the most delicious vegan burrito's I ever did have. Reasonable pricing and flexible menu.

Pros: yummy, reasonable, flexible

Cons: minimal seating, minimal menu

Ordered vegan, got COW CHEESE - Edit

While I'm thrilled to find places that offer lots of vegan and gluten-free options that are clearly marked on the menu, this was a disappointment.

We ordered EVERYTHING vegan and specified that multiple times, but my meal came out with cheese on it which is big mistake for a restaurant to make, especially one that boasts its vegan-friendlyness. Thankfully I noticed the cheese and didn't consume any, and asked for a new dish, vegan as I had ordered. Then the waitress tried to make me PAY MORE to correct the order?!!? So that was not cool. The food was decent, but came in small, not very flavorful portions. We could have spent half of the money and gotten meals 5x bigger and tastier at Chipotle.

The saving grace for me was that the vegan frozen yogurt in the chocolate flavor was delicious! My husband ordered the swirl flavor though and the vanilla seriously tasted like it was mixed with french fry grease.

I might come back for the chocolate vegan frozen yogurt, but we won't return for meals unfortunately due to the bad customer service and mediocre meals.

Pros: Vegan chocolate frozen yogurt

Cons: Ordered vegan, got COW CHEESE, Rude staff, bad customer service, Small portions, not flavorful, bad value

Return to Woodland Hills Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Hugo's Tacos - Woodland Hills closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.