Hudson Street Deli

401-228-8555

68 Hudson St (at West End), Providence, Rhode Island, USA, 02909

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast, sandwiches, wraps, and coffee. Has vegan cheese, tempeh bacon, and veggie sausage as substitution. Open Mon-Sat 6:30am-6:00pm, Sun 9:00am-4:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by Jnlov1

Vegan friendly... - Edit

Hudson St. Deli has plenty of vegan options, but all pretty basic. This isn't a place to go out of the way to visit if you are simply passing through PVD, but a good place for locals to get something different. I was quite disappointed (but should've thought to ask) with the cold tofu on my sandwich - it was just that, cold plain tofu mashed up in a grinder roll - no seasoning/marinade. I believe we only get one chance when introducing someone to tofu - not many will come back for cold plain tofu. Friendly service!

Pros: Roasted Garlic Vegenaise, Plenty of vegan options, Friendly service.

Cons: Unflavored cold tofu

A Win for Hudson St.! - Edit

This is the place to go if you are vegan. Friendly customer service, cool atmosphere and plenty of vegan options. I came at about 10:30 am so I'm sure I missed the rush, that is a good thing because seating is limited. I ordered an everything begal (it's vegan) and vegan cream cheese....simple, yet delicious. They were not stingy with the cream cheese and the cream cheese was soft and slightly melted from the warmth of the bagel. There are plenty of vegan options on the menu.

If that wasn't enough they have a tv screen that says "Solidarity withStanding Rock" and "RI Resist Hate." I love places that also care about social justice.
I'm sorry I didn't discover this place sooner...it's a hidden gem! If the system allowed I'd give this place 5 stars.

Pros: Friendly Customer Service, Vegan Options, Positive Atmosphere

Cons: Limited Seating

Return to Providence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hudson Street Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.