Hsia An Chu Vegetarian

Contact 08-9222646

147, Sec. 1, Zhongxing Rd, Taitung, Taiwan, 950

夏安居 offers a multi course set menu as well as la carte menu. Uses organic vegetables and brown rice. Peaceful and relaxed setting. Open Mon-Tue 11:30am-2:00pm, Mon-Tue 5:30pm-9:00pm, Thu 11:30am-2:00pm, Thu 5:30pm-9:00pm, Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Fri 5:30pm-9:00pm, Sat 11:30am-2:00pm, Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm, Sun 11:30am-2:00pm, Sun 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Chinese, Organic, Taiwanese

First Review by steveveg

Great Meal, Nice Restaurant, Not Expensive - Edit

This is a very good, Japanese influenced rice and noodle restaurant. Busy on weekend evenings. They have a counter for seating as well. Wouldn't call it "expensive", as a main and two appetizers plus desert was 310 NTD (about $10 USD).

They have an English Menu!

There is a set menu (for 300 NTD) as of May 2016 plus a la carte. I got a delicious bowl of house noodles which comes with a bowl of soup,, a plate of super fresh greens (they were called "seasonal vegetables"), plus the tofu with seaweed on top (cold and yummy).

The potstickers are really great and are served in a super cool way, all connected together as they had been fried in the pan. I had a few that my friend ordered.

I've been here twice in the past few days—really stands out from the standard noodle shop fare.

Only drawback is that I would end up getting the same thing nearly every time. The menu is not extensive, and I don't eat mushrooms. :-) The Curry Rice and the House Noodles are mushroom free.

Updated from previous review on Monday May 09, 2016

Pros: Excellent Food, Clean, Real Restaurant

Cons: Menu not extensive

One of the nicest meals we had in Taiwan - Edit

We had dinner here twice. Between the two visits we tried all of the main dishes on the set menu and liked them all - dan dan rice, curry rice, sesa,e mppd;es. curry noodles, house ramen and potstickers. The appetizers were varied, and included tofu with seaweed, more seaweed and unusual vegetables. Dessert was a nice azuki beans with sticky rice. The setting was tranquil This was one of the nicest and best dinners we had on our trip.

Return to Taitung Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hsia An Chu Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.