Howling Wolf Taqueria

Contact 978-744-9653

76 Lafayette St, Salem, Massachusetts, USA, 01970

Serves meat, vegan options available. Taqueria and cantina making New Mexican inspired cuisine with several lacto-vegetarian items on a mostly meat-based menu. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-12:00am, Tue-Sun 12:00am-1:00am.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by jmdimag

Yummy vegan burrito - Edit

I had the tofu burrito, and my server understood right away when I asked about removing the dairy and having it veganized. This place is clearly popular. We didn’t have a wait for a table, but it was still about full.

I can’t compare it to other places in Salem, but it’s definitely a solid choice if you want Mexican food. I live in a place where the Mexican restaurants are NOT all that great, so I went here because the yelp rating suggested it would be good, and I wasn’t disappointed.

extremely authentic with plenty of vegan flexibility - Edit

Howling Wolf has seemed to change their menu to be more vegan friendly since the most recent reviews. I got the tofu burrito, veganized, and added refried beans and it was the closest thing I've had to authentic Mexican food from the Mission District in San Fransisco. Extremely friendly wait staff who were more than willing to accommodate our dietary needs.

Pros: friendly staff, authentic Mexican food, cheap!

Excellent - Edit

Had dinnerthere last night. Lots of veggie options which I made vegan by holding the cheese and sour cream. Nice atmosphere and the wait moved quickly. Great food and good prices. About $25 for 2 people. Will go again!

Pros: Great food, Good value, Friendly and accomodating service

Cons: Small place

Food looked great, no vegan options - Edit

Great bar, lots of color, art, food etc just not good if you are a vegan. Cheese cheese cheese. Good craft beer selection.

Pros: Beer selection is nice

Cons: vegans beware

Return to Salem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Howling Wolf Taqueria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2081 times.