First Review by kalibrena

Vegan friendly - Edit

samosas are amazing!! the food is spicy and delicious, just make sure you ask for no dairy and no ghee and they will be happy to oblige. the grocery has vegan prepackaged foods and all kinds of interesting dry snacks the owner will give you samples to try.

Cons: food/snacks can be spicy/hot, but try it out!

Amazing! - Edit

Tucked in the corner of a grocery store is some delicious Indian food. Awesomely friendly and helpful staff. We sampled samosas, pakoda, and masala dosa, and could not decide which was the best. Looking forward to this gem becoming part of the family's permanent rotation.

Pros: Friendly, Numerous choices

Finally a veg restaurant! - Edit

I went to visit my family in NW IN in October 2012 & was so excited to find out there is finally a fully veg restaurant there! The restaurant is actually about 40 minutes from my family's house, but I still went there twice in the 8 days I was visiting. The "restaurant" is just a tiny area inside a tiny Indian grocery store. The menu was small, but the food was great. I am vegan & didn't have any trouble finding things on the menu to eat. In a more veg-friendly area I'd probably give this a 4 mainly because the eating space itself is tiny & visually unappealing, but considering the area it's definitely a 5.

Pros: It's a vegetarian restaurant in NW IN!, Great food

Cons: Tiny space inside grocery store

LOVED IT - Edit

i just went here for the first time. i loved it. it is quite small and homey feeling. from the moment we walked in, the owner was quite friendly, always asking us if we needed help, but not in an annoying way. he was very helpful in picking out what was vegan for me and said he could make any changes for me. he seemed concerned that we were enjoying it. i cant wait to go back and try more dishes. there are not that many restaurants around here that go that extra mile and try to help us out, and especially none that really have vegan choices. im such a happy little camper right now

Pros: good food, good prices, homey feeling

Cons: was really hot in there

Return to Schererville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has House of India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2235 times since Feb 2009.