First Review by W. Susan

Roast vegetarian kebab with cumin! Yum! - Edit

This place was fairly easy to find as it's at a big road and also close to an intersection, show this to your driver: 339 Huaihe Road, Nangang District (南岗区淮河路339号), near to Songshan Road (嵩山路)
It's a nice restaurant, not the bright white light you'll often see but a nice atmosphere, with wood and green colours. They don't have an English menu and the waitress doesn't speak English, but they have a menu with pictures (and we speak some Mandarin so that helps). We ordered the roast vegetarian kebab with cumin (very tasty!!) and the waitress recommended some dish with mushrooms and mock sausage. The spices in that dish were very good too: it tasted like a real winter dish with (I guess) cinamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin... Very nice in the cold weather! We also had some fried rice an "real" Harbin beers. Food came very quick.
I recommend you ask the taxi to wait for you because I think it's not that easy to get a taxi back to the city from here!

Pros: Tasty food, Easy to find (with a taxi)

Cons: Not that close to the city's activities, No English speakers or English menu

Return to Harbin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Houdeju closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.