Hotto Cafe and Bar

Contact 03-6801-5776

Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Nishi kata 2-18-17, Tokyo, Japan,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small cafe near Todaimae station. It is vegan during lunch and has vegan choices during the bar time, which is Thur-Sun 7-11:30pm. Also has children's menu and a small playground. Available for private events. Address in Japanese: 東京都文京区西片2-18-17 Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-5:00pm, Tue-Sat 5:30pm-7:00pm. Sun 9am-2pm on Request.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by SpokeyDoke

Wonderful vegetarian option near Today/ Hongo Campus - Edit

I went there while looking for a vegetarian option near the University of Tokyo (Hongo). I really enjoyed the lunch and the friendliness of the owner .. I will definitely go back again:-)

Pros: quality food, friendly, quite

Cons: slow service , not suitable for a quick meal

Sayonara Party - Edit

I went to this place already two times for lunch, and both times it was great! I liked the brown rice but the other food was also really good. Lunch was completely vegan.

Then last week, I had my Sayonara Dinner with the collegues from my company there. I was not sure at first, but it turned out great and everybody liked the atmosphere and the food.

We (12 people) had an all-vegan dinner course (which included several dishes, for example salat, pasta, fried tofu and vegetables, mushrooms, blueberry muffin, Kanten gellee. I could not count all dishes that time) for 2000 Yen per person, and ordered drinks for about 2000 Yen per person. They also offered a 2000 Yen Nomihodai (All-you-can-drink) which in hindsight might have been the better option to take.

The atmosphere was great. The light was dimmed and atmospheric classical music played. The restaurant's master cooked all dishes and prepared the drinks alone, to help him we did take the dishes and drinks from the bar ourselves. There where couches and we could arrange the tables as we wanted. It felt like being invited to someones home, rather than eating at a bar.

For the food I just can say that everyone liked it and the portions where just right. One dish (Pasta carbonara) included a meat-imitation tofu/beans which also tasted great. According to the master's information, all food on the dinner course was vegan.

All in all it was a great experience, that I can completely recommend!
(I would give 5 stars rating, but this is not possible as this shop is only listed as vegan-friendly)

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, nice vibe

Wow - Edit

Ok, so this place was amazing. Went on 'Raw Wednesday', which was unbelievably good. The lady cooking/serving (presumably the owner) was fluent in English and completely all over Vegan, so don't worry! Had the roast vegetable sandwich and parfait and oh my god, will go back at any opportunity. Would rate 5 stars but Happy Cow won't let me (because not listed as solely vegetarian/vegan).

Amazing vegan raw parfait causes spontaneous pleasure explosion! - Edit

We stopped by here on the way to Ueno Park on "raw Wednesday" and had raw vegan sandwiches and the vegan parfait, and both were insanely delicious! The lady who served us knew exactly what vegan meant, was fluent in English, and was just lovely! Would hands down go back in a heartbeat. Yum!

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hotto Cafe and Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.