First Review by pradipd

Correct Location - Edit

Your Map show the "wrong location".

It is South of Connaught Place along the same row of shop houses,for which India Tourist Office is located at 88 Janpath Road.

I went in to have a look but did not patronize the Restaurant 2 years ago when I was stopover in Delhi.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 21, 2014

Pros: Clean & Bright, Well Patronize

disappointing! - Edit

I ate here twice in September 2011 and was quite disappointed. The first time, I ordered the Masala Dosa which wasn't terrible but was greasy and not one of the better ones I've had. Still, due to the recommendations this place received, I decided to give it another try and returned a second time. I ordered their special Thali and was even more disappointed. The curd was sour (spoiled sour), the curries were extremely spicy (and I'm used to spicy) & not very good at all. The two American women at the table beside me left their plates after tasting a bite of each item on the Thali plate.
Relatively speaking, this was expensive and the food I ate at simple veg. Dhabas was better. I will not be returning here.

Pros: clean, good location

Cons: not tasty, expensive, greasy & too spicy

One of the best South Indian joints in Delhi - Edit

Great food, extensive selection, many vegan options (though some with oil), fresh juices (including sweet carrot juice), reasonably priced.

Sweet-toothed vegans should regard the desserts with suspicion, however: we asked quite a few different employees whether any of the many sweets on offer were vegan, and we got conflicting answers again and again, so we have no confidence. Part of the trouble seems to be that there are so many different kinds of milk products used (ghee, khoya, butter, cream, milk, etc.), but it's also hard to tell who really knows what goes in there, and who's just trying to tell us what they think we want to hear (with the best of intentions, no doubt).

Note that the air-conditioning can be a bit aggressive, so bundle up if you're sensitive.

Pros: Great menu of tasty South Indian food, Many vegan options, Fresh juices

Cons: Unsure whether any sweets are vegan

The Best - Edit

The best authentic south Indian experience in an urban environment outside of South India itself. All items are finger licking good (every pun intended)! There are 2 branches in Connought Place itself.

Pros: Authentic, Reasonable

Return to New Delhi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hotel Saravana Bhavan - Janpath closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1009 times since Aug 2007.